Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Democratic Rogues

• 05-10-2012 12:21pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'd have a tendency to support GOP type parties in most things, but this surely is a tad over the top for them - Warcraft is just a game (for most people ) after all.
    BBC Link.
    "
    The gaming hobby of a political candidate has become an issue in a state senate race in New England, US.

Maine Republicans have created a webpage revealing that Democrat candidate Colleen Lachowicz plays an orc rogue in World of Warcraft (WoW).

Ms Lachowicz's liking for back-stabbing and poison in WoW raise questions about her "fitness for office", they claim.

Ms Lachowicz has hit back saying the attack showed the Republicans were "out of touch".
    "
    - for the record, I'd alway support Alliance and never Horde.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Manach wrote: »
    I'd have a tendency to support GOP type parties in most things, but this surely is a tad over the top for them - Warcraft is just a game (for most people ) after all.
    BBC Link.
    "
    The gaming hobby of a political candidate has become an issue in a state senate race in New England, US.

Maine Republicans have created a webpage revealing that Democrat candidate Colleen Lachowicz plays an orc rogue in World of Warcraft (WoW).

Ms Lachowicz's liking for back-stabbing and poison in WoW raise questions about her "fitness for office", they claim.

Ms Lachowicz has hit back saying the attack showed the Republicans were "out of touch".
    "
    - for the record, I'd alway support Alliance and never Horde.

I haven't played WOW in about 15 months and I miss it big time. Best game ever made, still going strong.

My main was an Orc Rogue and anyone who knows, Orcs aren't the preferred race for Rogue chars. Belf (Blood Elf) is apparently better on the Horde side. I was late to the table and classed as a noob. I didn't mind.

So if there's any complaint here, it's that Ms Lachowicz should have picked Belf Rogue, and thus is a noob.

"Rogues do it from behind". ;)

The words 'straws', 'clutching' and 'at' come to mind.

I heard that Obama once watched a film rated 18 when he was 17. Quick! Call Fox 'news'. Ask for Hannity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

"Playing WoW leads people to live a "bizarre double life" say Maine Republicans"

What about mormonism and all it's trappings eh?
    "I think it's weird that I'm being targeted for playing online games," said Ms Lachowicz in a statement. "Apparently I'm in good company since there are 183 million other Americans who also enjoy online games.

There's no need for her critics to enter an online fantasy world when they already live in a fantasy world. (theists) :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

This illustrates just how out of touch the GOP are with the modern world. Why don't they take full page ads out in the major papers and say 'If you're a gamer we don't believe you're a worthy human being.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Maine is one of the last places in New England where Republicans have been reasonably competitive. That won't last for much longer with nonsense like this, truly pathetic.

Advertisement