Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Glasses repair in Galway

Options
  • 05-10-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭

I've managed to snap the arm/wing of my glasses where it meets the frame and conveniently managed to do so on a Friday afternoon just before I set off on a two week trip. Does anyone know of somewhere I could get a rough and ready emergency repair job done just to tide me over. Any of the glasses shops or opticians will want to send it away but I need to travel on Sunday. So I'm just wondering is there anywhere in town that does jewellery repair or any similar small scale metal work in house in Galway?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

A fantastic guy in Specsavers Eyre Square fixed something very similar for me the other week.

It's just a temp fix, the arm he put on doesn't quite match the frame - but it got done on Sunday afternoon, so I could go to work on Monday.

(And if Chris's boss is reading this ... look after him, he's good for business!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You could try Helen Walsh on Middle Street.

There's a shoe repair guy on Abbeygate Street opposite Food For Thought who might help you out, too; he's pretty good with most things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

JustMary wrote: »
    A fantastic guy in Specsavers Eyre Square fixed something very similar for me the other week.

It's just a temp fix, the arm he put on doesn't quite match the frame - but it got done on Sunday afternoon, so I could go to work on Monday.

(And if Chris's boss is reading this ... look after him, he's good for business!)

What did that cost Mary as a matter of interest? Currently in the same boat. Screw and everything flew into space. I've got sellotape wrapped around my head at the moment lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

If the hinge is gone you might be as well off doing it yourself with superglue - but you'll have to be careful to keep it away from the lens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

antoobrien wrote: »
    If the hinge is gone you might be as well off doing it yourself with superglue - but you'll have to be careful to keep it away from the lens

Thought of that but can't see what I'm doing without glasses :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Thanks to all who responded. They weren't repairable unfortunately but I found an old pair to keep me going for driving until i get a new pair.

Advertisement