Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which own brand/budget products are good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Aldi 'Savour bakes' Crispbreads are basically ryvitas. Only 79c per pack compared to 1.50 for ryvita brand.

Thoroughly delicious with some butter slobbered on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

mailburner wrote: »
    Really think tesco cream crackers are jacobs myself and a fraction of the price
    think its 26c

Thanks a million, just bought these crackers tonight. You're right! They taste exactly like Jacob's crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Dunnes have spreadable butter on offer for e2 at the moment. Got a few of them yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Millem wrote: »
    Their washing powder is the best powder detergent you can buy (bio and non bio). I do not rate their conditioner at all, it is not a patch on comfort/lenor/fairy IMHO.

Almat Bio with Stain-Lift (Aldi) gets 89% and comes third in the best buy table on Which.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Grawns wrote: »
    Almat Bio with Stain-Lift (Aldi) gets 89% and comes third in the best buy table on Which.co.uk

Well it is the only one that gets mucky rugby kits clean after one wash! It used to take me 2 washes with all the other brands!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

So as a big tea drinker who has always bought Lyons tea I decided the try McGrath tea bags from Aldi. 80 bags for 1.50 - having my first cup and not bad at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone recommend the own brand chewing gum from Aldi/Lidl? Taste, texture, mintiness etc

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

snubbleste wrote: »
    Anyone recommend the own brand chewing gum from Aldi/Lidl? Taste, texture, mintiness etc

I dont like either, find the taste goes after about five minutes. A waste of money imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Have tried some of these and found the flavour disappears very quickly compared to Wrigley's Extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Aldi Mcgraths reserve tea bags, Tikka Masala sauces with spice on top, basmati rice, tin os beans, frozen peas all nom nom, their Milk is a1 too, infact 90% of their stuff is brilliant imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Aldi's Bourbon (Clarkes) is basically re-bottled Jim Beam by far the best of the own brand Bourbons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Yeah I have to agree with the other posters. Both texture and longevity of the flavour were very poor.

I just stick to buying the 5-pack of Wrigley's extra from Dunnes/Tesco etc. They are a lot cheaper than buying a single packet in a shop.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Aldi own-brand 'Bailey's' knock-off- is very very nice. As is their vintage Clontarf Whiskey (though its not cheap).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

Aldi own-brand 'Bailey's' knock-off- is very very nice. As is their vintage Clontarf Whiskey (though its not cheap).

How much is their baileys. lidl one is kinda thin/ watery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Aldi seeded gluten free brown bread, €1.89. Best gluten free bread I've ever eaten. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Pretty sure their Gluten free bread is baked by Gallaghers Bakery Ardara Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Keano wrote: »
    So as a big tea drinker who has always bought Lyons tea I decided the try McGrath tea bags from Aldi. 80 bags for 1.50 - having my first cup and not bad at all

+1

We've just moved our main shopping to Aldi from Supervalu, and to be honest I find the Aldi stuff pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,519 ✭✭✭✭L1011

GY A1 wrote: »
    How much is their baileys. lidl one is kinda thin/ watery

Lidl have two - I find the Deluxe one fine, the other one (Dun Dealgan branded I think) is the cheaper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Aldi's Brioche Burger Buns !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

+1

We've just moved our main shopping to Aldi from Supervalu, and to be honest I find the Aldi stuff pretty good.

Jeez, your're a decade behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭towelly

Anyone tried Aldi's Napolean brandy? Is it any good neat?

Pretty sure their Gluten free bread is baked by Gallaghers Bakery Ardara Donegal.

Correct, I remember seeing the ad. Lovely stuff, could eat it all day.:D

I've posted this in the beauty forum, but the SuperValu own brand cosmetics "Pure+Kind" are excellent, and around the €4 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Aldi houmous is delicious, and only 85c a tub! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The mint crisp sweets from Aldi are better than sex.

99c for a bag but there isn't enough in them so I get 2 or 3!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭tmh106

K-9 wrote: »
    The mint crisp sweets from Aldi are better than sex.

99c for a bag but there isn't enough in them so I get 2 or 3!

You need to start getting better sex

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

tmh106 wrote: »

My thoughts exactly....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭clevtrev

tmh106 wrote: »

Anybody with 35,000 posts on Boards.ie has no time for sex:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

It's time to pay more than 99c for sex;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Aldi houmous is delicious, and only 85c a tub! :D
    It is, much nicer than the Lidl one

Advertisement