Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ashley Cole may be the next England player to retire

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

The FA charges Chelsea's Ashley Cole with misconduct following Twitter comment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

So Rio Ferdinand is allowed call someone a 'choc ice' without consequences, but Ashley Cole reacts to being publicly accused of perjury and he's bringing the game into disrepute?

Seriously, I know people love to hate him, but there are clear double standards here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

geeky wrote: »
    So Rio Ferdinand is allowed call someone a 'choc ice' without consequences, but Ashley Cole reacts to being publicly accused of perjury and he's bringing the game into disrepute?

Seriously, I know people love to hate him, but there are clear double standards here.

Ferdinand was also charged over his tweet.

And the FA didn't accuse Ashley Cole of perjury, they never said he lied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

So Rio Ferdinand is allowed call someone a 'choc ice' without consequences,

Stop lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Blatter wrote: »

But they are going to look into his statement and how it came to be changed. If they feel he tried to mislead the tribunal he could get charged again...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2213990/John-Terry-race-case-FA-investigate-Ashley-Coles-evidence-changed.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

greendom wrote: »
    But they are going to look into his statement and how it came to be changed. If they feel he tried to mislead the tribunal he could get charged again...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2213990/John-Terry-race-case-FA-investigate-Ashley-Coles-evidence-changed.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

And rightly so imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Rio didn't call anyone a choc ice, he reacted to someone else calling AC a choc ice. He also was fined 45000 for it.

Checked this out, apologies. I still think that's a pitiful punishment, with no acknowledgement of the racially-charged nature of his tweet.

The judgement specifically called Cole an "unreliable" witness. You say tomato, I say tomato.

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Rio didn't call anyone a choc ice, he reacted to someone else calling AC a choc ice. He also was fined 45000 for it.

in a RT, with the words "Choc ice is classic hahaha".

Checked this out, apologies. I still think that's a pitiful punishment, with no acknowledgement of the racially-charged nature of his tweet.

The judgement specifically called Cole an "unreliable" witness. You say tomato, I say tomato.

Are you disagreeing with the FA, do you honestly think Cole was a reliable witness?

He changed his statement, and this change just so happened to back Terry up. You'd have to have been born yesterday to find him anything other than unreliable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Are you disagreeing with the FA, do you honestly think Cole was a reliable witness?

He changed his statement, and this change just so happened to back Terry up. You'd have to have been born yesterday to find him anything other than unreliable.
    He didn't change his statement, he clarified that the "b" word he claims he saw Ferdinand use could have been black or Bridge, as the first draft of his statement said Bridge only.

Of course if the idiots taking the statement had recorded it, as they did with Terry, rather than taking notes, this whole mess would have been avoided.

Advertisement