Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Learned my lesson

• 05-10-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

Well kind of........

I have had my fare share of infractions, yellow cards etc in the past.
    I recieved a ban some time back unfairly as it turned out and ''talked'' my way back onto boards. Only the other day I was on a thread which was getting quiet heated and found it hard to keep my cool. Anyways I kind of got a bit personal and realized I needed to apologise,which I did.

So I suppose the question I'm asking is Have you been banned and readmitted to boards, and if you feel you have learned any lessons from this.

Suppose What I'm really saying is I've learned not to fcuk with mods.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I'm a reformed character too:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Did your counsellor make you write that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A leopard never changes it's spots, until it gets leopard cancer and loses it's hair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Madam Marie

not yet wrote: »
    I've learned not to fcuk with mods.

Same here.

Trust me, you do not want to be run over by a Vespa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I still don't trust you not yet. I might do in the future, just not yet. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Same here.

Trust me, you do not want to be run over by a Vespa.

Top marks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

A leopard never changes it's spots, until it gets leopard cancer and loses it's hair.

How does it change it's spots !! thought cancer couldn't do that....

Mashmallows and gravy yummmm..

I still don't trust you not yet. I might do in the future, just not yet. :cool:

How original....

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Top marks! :D

Is that not for head lice..

• Advertisement

I'm just of to my anger mangement course see ya'll later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Says he while a mod holds a shotgun to his head :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

OK... did you learn "be nice or I might get in trouble"
    Or "be nice because being a jerk makes me look bad"
    Or "be nice because I don't wan't to hurt people feelings"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

This is where you went wrong. Fcuk with them some of them love it, one in particular.

kiffer wrote: »
    OK... did you learn "be nice or I might get in trouble"
    Or "be nice because being a jerk makes me look bad"
    Or "be nice because I don't wan't to hurt people feelings"

All of the above, now p1ss of and stop bothering me.

This is where you went wrong. Fcuk with them some of them love it, one in particular.

Do tell.......

Do tell.......

A girl never kisses and tells.

Where's my thank you's for the OP. FFS I was trying to up my qouta of them....
    Well thanks for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

*learn't

A girl never kisses and tells.

Ahhhh....I see, I'm not that kind of man. Sexual favours are for the ladies only.

• Advertisement

*learn't

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I got an infraction in the christianity forum for stating my beliefs, something christians can do as much as they like in the atheism forum.

I didnt learn anything other than to remove the christianty forum from my forums thingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I regularly read the Dispute Resolution and Prison forums for the craic, people who just don't get why they were banned are definitely the most entertaining. It's pretty easy to keep your nose clean tbh.

Funglegunk wrote: »
    I regularly read the Dispute Resolution and Prison forums for the craic, people who just don't get why they were banned are definitely the most entertaining. It's pretty easy to keep your nose clean tbh.

Yeah, just blow n' wipe.

Yeah, just blow n' wipe.

On your sleeve ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Well kind of........

I recieved a ban some time back unfairly as it turned out and ''talked'' my way back onto boards. Only the other day I was on a thread which was getting quiet heated and found it hard to keep my cool. Anyways I kind of got a bit personal and realized I needed to apologise,which I did.

So I suppose the question I'm asking is Have you been banned and readmitted to boards, and if you feel you have learned any lessons from this.

Permabanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Well kind of........

I like this post.
    'I learned my lesson' by 'not yet'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Madam Marie

Funglegunk wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to keep your nose clean tbh.

Could you not just PM the mods an apple?

• Advertisement

Permabanned.

Why, All I said was go fcuk yourself you inbred ponce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Says he while a mod holds a shotgun to his head :eek:

I wonder is it whoopsadaisydoodles holding that shotgun?

eth0 wrote: »
    I wonder is it whoopsadaisydoodles holding that shotgun?

She can hold my weapon anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I received a day ban recently for telling a sex joke that involved dead babies. Fair enough I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

You learned nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

I got a ban for a week when i first joined boards, some gowl was wondering if he could get anymore allowances for his 3 kids, 2 with one girl and 1 with another. that were living with both of his ex gfs. Over on the state benifits forum. He was on the dole. Was moaning about how he was finding it hard bla bla, I basically said that she is probably finding it much harder and he shouldn't have had 3 kids in the first place if he wasn't able to support them, something along those lines anyway.

While on another thread he was going on about how when he gets back from his holidays in the sun....:rolleyes:

I prob deserved the ban at the time because of the forum i was on but i just couldn't hold back.

• Advertisement

Just wondering if mods look for advice on banning someone, or if they are not sure about a post do they run it past other mods.

Do they have like a mod night together and if a mod has ever banned another mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I don't know whether I've actually been properly banned. I was meant to be for like 2 days or something (I drunkenly requested it because I'd been a dick), but the ban lasted about half an hour. Think the mod may have been taking the piss.

On this account anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was banned from feedback once, I forget why but it was a complete overreaction from the mod. I told some people to shut up or something, it was worth an infraction at best.

The lesson I learned was that the system is unjust and don't trust whitey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Precise Pangolin

Do tell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I was banned for a day once. Didn't give a sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Obviously havn't learned your lesson yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I learned that referring to an african immigrant family (who callously butchered goats in their back garden) as barbarians and that I hope they would feel the pain they caused the animals, goes under "racism", and also warrants a 5 day ban from AH of all places.
    Although race was never mentioned. :rolleyes: Pussies.

What you gonna do now KeithM89 ? huh ? That's right ... **** all. :D

Surely protected under 'fair comment' clause?

MaxSteele wrote: »
    I learned that referring to an african immigrant family (who callously butchered goats in their back garden)
    Nice to know there's another vegetarian on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

İt is possible to make a new account if you are banned!

Surely protected under 'fair comment' clause?

Would have thought so....

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I recieved a ban some time back unfairly as it turned out and ''talked'' my way back onto boards.

I think a little clarification is needed here, you were banned for vote spamming. There was nothing unfair about your ban, anyone who spams looking for votes gets sitebanned. As for talking your way back onto Boards, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you would behave in future and lifted your ban. I see that you haven't entirely kept up your side of the deal since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Zaph wrote: »
    I think a little clarification is needed here, you were banned for vote spamming. There was nothing unfair about your ban, anyone who spams looking for votes gets sitebanned. As for talking your way back onto Boards, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you would behave in future and lifted your ban. I see that you haven't entirely kept up your side of the deal since.

zing!!

i have many infractions and bans - but a gob****e has to be told they are a gob**** - some time the truth has to be told - no matter the consequence
    i for one am waiting for the magic punch option on boards , along with the "like" option you have a sly right hook option - many deserve - me included

Zaph wrote: »

I beg to differ but if you check back I never once looked for a vote, I was simply saying my daughter was on a show, At this stage in the show the public could not vote...it's neither here nor there, but way to go spoiling my moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

I got a month's site ban once for asking El Weirdo why he/she/it doesn't go fcuk him/her/itself instead of licking arse with his/her/its mod buddies.

Most surprisingly, about a month later he/she/it got modded him/her/itself.

I also had a mini war with another mod for a while, during which I received a bunch of infractions for calling her out on her misandrist bullish*t.

Lesson learned: You can't win. Mods and Admins stick up for other mods, there is no justice so just accept it and live as you can.

I'm all reformed and nicely sedated now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement