Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Villa

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Happy with the win although a few things I didn't like. Our players were dispossessed far too easily. Walker is always a worry. WTF is wrong with Bale these days, maybe he needs some time on the bench to reflect on how bad he's playing

Have to laugh at this one. Did you watch the game at OT - he played the pass to Vert for our first goal, scored the great second goal and his shot led to Dempseys winner. Yesterday he was our main attacking threat and only the crossbar stopped him for scoring again.
    Ok the dive was embarrassing and hopefully AVB will have a word with him but he is our best player without doubt and suggesting he needs to be dropped is hilarious.

Not a great performance yesterday but a good result after playing away in Europe on Thursday. Roll on Sat week and Chelski.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

We should have had a bag full of goals (Dempseys header was a sitter).. I'd be very worried if I was a Villa fan, honestly thought Lambert would be good for them but they were very poor yesterday.

"Huuuuuugggggoo! There's only one Hugo, there's only one Hugo!" Very happy to see him on yesterday, his distribution is great. In the 1st half Bale put his hand up for a kickout and the ball was stuck on his chest, barely had to move for it.... He seems very fond of punching the ball though?

IMHO the presence of Adebayor in the team makes a huge difference even if he was a little lazy at times yesterday. His touch was very silky, holding up the ball, beating players and bringing others i.e. Bale, Lennon and Townsend into the game. Loads of lovely one twos and tight triangles to find space. A must starter v Chelsea.

That's the first time I've seen us win (an EPL game). Fcukin delighted I've finally broken my duck! Roll on Chelsea:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

good win yesterday,14 of us over for game,1st win for us since Burnley where keane got 4,so was most welcome,could have had more goals and will need to be more clinical against Chelsea.dembele&Sandro were excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Have to laugh at this one. Did you watch the game at OT - he played the pass to Vert for our first goal, scored the great second goal and his shot led to Dempseys winner. Yesterday he was our main attacking threat and only the crossbar stopped him for scoring again.
    Ok the dive was embarrassing and hopefully AVB will have a word with him but he is our best player without doubt and suggesting he needs to be dropped is hilarious.

Not a great performance yesterday but a good result after playing away in Europe on Thursday. Roll on Sat week and Chelski.

I agree yeah, the dive was a disgrace, players should be retrospectively banned for that kinda thing, but as far as his form goes, he is flying for us, fit and full of confidence. Whoever suggested he be dropped can't have seen us play recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

How long have we Caulker? Did we buy him as a youngster or did he come through the club structures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

mushykeogh wrote: »
    How long have we Caulker? Did we buy him as a youngster or did he come through the club structures?
    Joined us at 14/15 actually comolli spotted him I believe playing for his school.
    I think he had a trial as a midfielder with Chelsea as well btw and the bit about his school could have been his local side....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I was happy with the second half performance, but I felt the first half lacked a bit of fluidity. Our passing in the final third was atrocious, though I think that this will change once Adebayor is starting - he'll be able to link up the play.

Sandro is a couple of passes short of being a brilliant midfielder. I love the way he loves a tackle, a proper midfielder, but his final ball after his runs from deep let him down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm not on about the Villa game, I'm on about his form in that last few weeks, since the start of the season. Other than the Utd game (everyone had a good game) and the second half against villa he's been very poor overall. Hopefully you're right and he's starting to play well, but I'm not convinced he's back to his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

.............and a Spurs Fan!

I genuinely don't know if that was a dig at me :D:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I see Moyes got manager of the month,I'm amazed AVB didn't get it.He had a better month than Moyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

tippspur wrote: »
    I see Moyes got manager of the month,I'm amazed AVB didn't get it.He had a better month than Moyes.
    I saw that I was a bit quizzical because he actually had the best month of any manager and ended our duck against Utd if he isn't going to get it for last month he's just not going to get it, bright side I'm sure he doesn't give a **** about it!

Advertisement