Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Rental - Relocations

Options
  • 05-10-2012 2:11pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering has anyone relocated a vehicle for a car rental company?

Just looking at a few sights and on first look they look like a good enough deal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

There you go:
    http://www.standbyrelocations.com/
    Used this site years ago to travel from Cairns to Melbourne, flipping brilliant. We had a six berth Merc for a dollar a day, luxury.
    You pay a bond up front and you get it back on delivery of the vehicle provided there's no damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Yeah did a few, main one I remember is Darwin to Perth with Apollo. They gave us free rental for something like 9 days and $850 towards fuel (covered pretty much all of it). We then bought extra days off them at reduced rate. Another bonus is the normal insurance excess was reduced as well so no need to purchase expensive excess cover, very important in NT/WA with the amount of kamikaze wildlife out there.

It's a fantastic way to travel if you can get a deal that suits.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Cool thanks. Some of the deals look pretty good I have to say. You know yourself though if something is too good to be true it usually isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Cool thanks. Some of the deals look pretty good I have to say. You know yourself though if something is too good to be true it usually isn't.
    It worked fine in my case. Remember you're doing them a favour by relocating their vans so they don't mess you around if do the job. Thinking of doing one again soon.

Advertisement