Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

branch network vs boards reps -visa debit info

Options
  • 05-10-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

ok, so i previously went to my local boi branch and categorically stated that i did not want to receive a visa debit card. Came home yesterday to find one had arrived.

I brought it back to BOI on baggot st today and told them that i didnt want it and had requested not to get one. person in the branch told me that ALL atm cards are being replaced with visa debit card/atm cards. I told him that previously i was told (both on boards & in branch) that i could keep my ATM card without a Visa Debit card. Hes had to escalate it to the branch manager because as far as the branch are being told there is no ATM only card anymore

so why is it that the boards reps tell us one thing and branch network say another? What is actually correct?
    Hi daheff,

We've answered a similar question previously.

Cirrus cards are no longer available. If you contact your branch, a representative will be happy to order an ATM card for you. If you have received a Visa Debit card that you do not want, there will be no charge for replacing it with a standard ATM card.

Hope this helps,
    Tara

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi daheff,

Apologies about the conflicting information.

If you had an atm card which has the cirrus facility, they will automatically be replaced with a Visa Debit card. If you would like an atm only card which will not have the cirrus facility, please apply through your branch.

The Baggot st branch is now aware of the procedure.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭daheff

Hi Linda

thanks for this. The Baggot st branch have been in touch and are organising for my branch to now order the correct card (at the second time of asking).

thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi daheff,

Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully you will have no other issues with the card.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement