Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nicotine strength of e liquid vrs gum

Options
  • 05-10-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi.

I tried to find it on the web but couldn't find anything but e cig ads.

I am asking cause I am a bit sick with a cold and thought I would offset the vaping with some old nic mints i had in the closet.

they say 5mg which I thought would be nothing compared to 24mg liquid, but i was wrong.

I had to spit it out after a couple minutes and drink a gallon of water cause it ripped my throat apart. It was 10 times worse then vaping strait for 15min with 24mg liquid.

Needless to say i gave up on that and went back to the e cigs, much better experience even with a bunged up head.
    so my question "just out of curiosity" is, what percent nic is in the mints or how do you find out, cause it is alot more then .5.

Thank's
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

All down to the delivery system it seems.
    If you were to put a 5th/6th of a ml (4-ish drops, and it would equal 4-5mg, like the gum) of 24ml ejuice onto your tongue, you'd feel it that way too.
    Bit of a shock to the system. May cause vomming, so I wouldn't try it if I were you.

Vaping is gradual and coats your mouth, chewing is instant and coats your tongue first - takes no prisoners. If you want a real shock, try the Microtabs (but don't, they're extremely expensive).

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭patrickspicture

thank you.
    it was quite a surprise anyway, they were sitting there for over 2 years so they can stay there till next year when they expire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yep. Tried the lozenges and microtabs before. Could only use the lozenge for 10 mins but the microtab was 1,356 times worse. Felt like it was burning holes in my mouth. Tried the inhaler too and it was just useless and not a nice taste.

The microtabs were an horrific experience altogether!! Don't know how anybody could use them. Throat and stomach felt burned too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...the microtab was 1,356 times worse.
    At least, no exaggeration.

If someone have me an ultimatum between the tab and snorting rotting, liquified brains from a dead cat's skull, I'd be mulling it over. That's about as bad a review as anything could get.

Can there be repeat customers for those things? Is it possible? Has anyone ever really finished a pack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I don't think anybody could use those things at all. The lozenges aren't great either but not as bad as the tabs.

There's a nasal spray now too.......no fecking way - can you imagine a microtab sensation up your nose????? No bloody way!

The inhaler just did nothing at all for me. Rotten taste after a while though and I couldn't keep using it.

Never tried patches but at least they don't burn a hole in you I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Wonder if you chewed a patch..or rolled one and smoked it?
    The gum is the best of a bad lot and that has the drawback of getting a right good absentminded chewing, resulting in nic hicks and a sick feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭patrickspicture

The best thing I found you can't get here. cinnamon gum from America. It didn't help me not want a cig the the plane but it is the only nic gum that actually tastes good.

Advertisement