Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texting USA delivery times

Options
  • 05-10-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

I have started sending text messages to the USA. Some messages appear to be taking two hours to arrive. Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Discodog wrote: »
    I have started sending text messages to the USA. Some messages appear to be taking two hours to arrive. Is this normal?

I was doing this for years (Lived in the USA and Ireland). It shouldn't happen every time, but does happen on occasion.

Are they simple texts or are you sending images ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It very much depends on the network.
    If both of you have smartphones, I'd suggest moving over to Viber instead. It's an app that lets you send free push messages. It's available on pretty much every smartphone platform too.

It's more reliable and it saves a fortune.

The other alternative is Google Talk on your Android phone or just use email.

Advertisement