Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self-install CCTV & PSA license

Options
  • 05-10-2012 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Does the new PSA licensing for CCTV installers mean that it would be an offense for me to install my own CCTV system purchased off the internet for example? My reading of the info on the psa.gov.ie site is that if I use a system installed by a non-licensed entity (i.e. if I did it myself) that I would be committing an offense in addition to the offense of engaging an unlicensed installer. Is that right? I've been thinking of setting a system up in our holiday home but the radio ads led me to this question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

No. You can install your own system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm still waiting to hear a definition for what is CCTV & whats not.:confused:
    lots of loopholes again i'd imagine.

Advertisement