Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could not activate data network

Options
  • 05-10-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

I'm having problems with data connectivity and calls failing on my account.

Calls fail regularly and data coverage falls in and out in good coverage areas in Dublin city centre.

On my last call to customer services I was told it was either my sim or my handset was faulty and I should proceed to an emobile store to get a replacement sim.

Last week I went to the emobile store in Stephen's Green and they dismissed that suggestion and said it was the network.

Can someone advise? Just tried to search a sim card issue on google there and with 5 bars coverage and 3G in access, it has timed out twice with the 'no data connection' error. After a number of attempts it finally worked.

But this is very annoying.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

What handset do you currently have?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

iPhone 4, 16GB

Running iOS 5.1.1

(actually, forgot to say - Emobile customer service told me I should update to iOS 6 to see if this resolves the issue. But I don't want to lose google maps so I haven't. I don't see why that would be a bloody problem anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 markie24dublin

Well i can say going to iOS 6 does not help.
    I've an iPhone 4s 16gb and have same issues as yourself.

i randomly get voicemails while i didnt receive missed calls.. also my data connection in the past few days is really weird.. at the moment it works for a minute.. then not for 10 minutes..

The issue has to be with Emobile and not with the iPhone.. as i know people on other networks that have no problem at all

i randomly get voicemails while i didnt receive missed calls.. also my data connection in the past few days is really weird.. at the moment it works for a minute.. then not for 10 minutes..

The issue has to be with Emobile and not with the iPhone.. as i know people on other networks that have no problem at all

I was getting *allot* of voicemails from non existent calls over the last few weeks. Phone was on my desk in front of me, full coverage, I wasn't on the phone, it never rang and no missed call.

And then I get a text saying I have 3 voicemails.

Very annoying.

And very annoying to be sent on a wild goose chase by the pretty clueless guy on the phone when according to the shop and yourself, it's a network issue.

E-mobile: any advice here?

quad_red wrote: »

I was getting *allot* of voicemails from non existent calls over the last few weeks. Phone was on my desk in front of me, full coverage, I wasn't on the phone, it never rang and no missed call.

Very annoying.

And very annoying to be sent on a wild goose chase by the pretty clueless guy on the phone when according to the shop and yourself, it's a network issue.

In Tralee tonight and have no data access at all.

Three bars of coverage with 3G access.

Wtf is going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

so the coverage is poor right - should i stick to o2 or vodafone?

M007 wrote: »

I got a new sim card and this has sorted the data network issues! So twas a sim card issue.

So I'm back to normal emobile coverage now.

In terms of coverage, it's not bad. But it noticeably isn't on a par with O2 (my previous network) or Vodafone (my wife's network). Data speeds are also slower.

But they tend to be considerably more competitive in terms of price. O2 have pathetic data allowances (1GB even on an EIGHTY FIVE quid p/m plan!) and Vodafone aren't much better.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

I'm having problems with data connectivity and calls failing on my account.

Calls fail regularly and data coverage falls in and out in good coverage areas in Dublin city centre.

On my last call to customer services I was told it was either my sim or my handset was faulty and I should proceed to an emobile store to get a replacement sim.

Last week I went to the emobile store in Stephen's Green and they dismissed that suggestion and said it was the network.

Can someone advise? Just tried to search a sim card issue on google there and with 5 bars coverage and 3G in access, it has timed out twice with the 'no data connection' error. After a number of attempts it finally worked.

But this is very annoying.

Hi quad_red,

My apologies that you are experiencing issues with coverage at the moment. I can see that you have sent your details in a PM. Could you send me on 3 examples of when this has happened and I will escalate this issue to our technical team for investigation.

Tony
    iPhone 4, 16GB

Running iOS 5.1.1

(actually, forgot to say - Emobile customer service told me I should update to iOS 6 to see if this resolves the issue. But I don't want to lose google maps so I haven't. I don't see why that would be a bloody problem anyway).

Hi quad_red,

When you update the phone to the next update this usually resolves any issues that are on the phone.
    This would be the reason why the agent advised of this.

Tony

Hi markie24dublin,

Sorry to hear of your issues. Could you PM your mobile number and pin and 3 examples and I will be able send this onto our tech team to be investigated.

Tony

Very annoying.

In Tralee tonight and have no data access at all.

Three bars of coverage with 3G access.

Wtf is going on?
    M007 wrote: »

Hi M007,

You can view our coverage masts here: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/coverage/

Tony

Hi Tony,

Please see my previous post - i got a new sim card and these issues have stopped.

Haven't experienced any data knock outs or failed calls since.

:)

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Hi Tony,

Please see my previous post - i got a new sim card and these issues have stopped.

Haven't experienced any data knock outs or failed calls since.

:)

Glad to hear that quad_red.

Post here if you have any other queries. I have just responded to your PM also.

Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement