Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for kids soccer training on weekends

Options
  • 05-10-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a good place to take my 9 year old for soccer on a Saturday or Sunday ? Was looking at Douglas Hall but just wondering if anyone knows of other options

He's not at the level to join a team, just want an hours kick around with others his age

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

College Corinthians are supposed to be good for under age. About to start looking myself for 5 year olds. Long waiting list in Douglas hall apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Where are you based?

A lot of the local clubs have their own 'Academies' for kids now and from what I've seen most of them are very successful and very accommodating to kids from 5 up regardless of their skills/level.
    IMO it's best to try to get into your local club as it's most likely that the kid will know others there and so settle easier.

Another option might be the Concept4Soccer schools, run in various locations in Cork by Danny Murphy of Cork City. Worth a look as it's aimed at specifically developing skills rather than just chasing a ball around.

Website: http://www.concept4soccer.com/#/about-c4soccer/4553070687

P.S... For anyone in the Blackrock/Mahon area Ringmahon Rangers have a very well run and friendly Academy which is very popular and successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

If your local to the Hall then better to go to your local club as he will probably know more kids there and it will give him a bit more confidence. They are a good club not aware of a waiting list. Interesting about Corinthians being a good club:rolleyes: they are if your a good player:cool:. Have a look at concept before you commit, its only training they provide and kids will eventually want to play games. PM me if u need more info and I can try give you more info based on being involved with another club

Advertisement