Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Banking App and iOS6 compatability issue.

Options
  • 05-10-2012 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi all,

For anyone who has been experiencing issues using the Mobile Banking App, we now have a full fix in place. Customers who have experienced difficulties will have to uninstall the App & reinstall now that the fix has been successfully applied.

Please note: Customers who have already deleted the App & reinstalled it will have to do this again in order to pick up the fix or they could potentially encounter further difficulties.

Apologies for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

A bit of feedback on the app - when entering the 3 digits of the pin, the numbers that you key in are displayed on in the text field for a second or so before they change to the masked characters. I think this is a potential security flaw that could enable a shoulder surfer to gain access to the account over time. The NIB e-banking app (and other financial apps I use) don't display PIN digits at all, they just display the masking character.

Other than that I think it's grand, much better than using Safari to go to the normal site.

Edit : I'm still running IOS5, so haven't experienced any of the other IOS6 issues outlined elsewhere in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Yakuza,

Thanks for your post. Our customers' security is very important to us. We would always advise our customers to contact us immediately with any security concerns that they might have.

We've passed on your feedback to our Mobile Banking team for consideration for future updates.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement