Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stillorgan - what areas would you recommend?

Options
  • 05-10-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

My wife and I are tentatively looking for our first house at the moment. Our budget is probably €400K to €425 max.

We have weighed up the various areas and have thought that Stillorgan would be worth looking at.

Reasons: good transport ie QBC, Luas, M50 etc, good schools ie Colaiste Eoin, Iosagain.

I am relatively unfamiliar with the estates etc. Can any of you recommend any particular areas/estates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

My wife and I are tentatively looking for our first house at the moment. Our budget is probably €400K to €425 max.

We have weighed up the various areas and have thought that Stillorgan would be worth looking at.

Reasons: good transport ie QBC, Luas, M50 etc, good schools ie Colaiste Eoin, Iosagain.

I am relatively unfamiliar with the estates etc. Can any of you recommend any particular areas/estates?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

I would say anywhere in Stillorgan is fine. The area is fairly mature at this stage, so there won't be any local problems where you go. There is an area called Merville that is just adjacent to Sandyford/Leopardstown and right bedside the N11 for easy access to QBC into town, not to mention two primary schools right beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

Sarn wrote: »
    I would say anywhere in Stillorgan is fine. The area is fairly mature at this stage, so there won't be any local problems where you go. There is an area called Merville that is just adjacent to Sandyford/Leopardstown and right bedside the N11 for easy access to QBC into town, not to mention two primary schools right beside it.
    I currently live on the upper kilmacud road and have been here sine April last year. I haven't had any negative experience so far and would definitely consider buying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

With your budget I would go for mount merrion

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

where are you living now? I personally would take Dundrum over it any day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement