Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you have both disability allowance and rent allowance?

• 05-10-2012 3:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9

can you have both disability allowance and rent allowance or is the money being taken off disability going towards rent allowence?

also how much is the current rent allowance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

If you are married, in a civil partnership or cohabiting and you both qualify for Disability Allowance, you will each get a weekly personal rate of Disability Allowance.

DA Rate: €188.00 (max) subject to means test
    Increase for a Qualified Adult: €124.80 (max)

THere are Maximum rent limits for each county SEE HERE rates for couples included.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 kenobr100

You're an idiot
    I asked can I have both a disability allowance and a rent allowance at the same time or does the disability allowance money go towards the rent allowance, your entire response is totally irrelevant I didn't say anything at all regarding couples where on earth did you get that from,
    if you had actually read my question you might of given me a good answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

I think Cushie was trying to be helpful. You can look up welfare.ie for official information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Hey! Cushie was being helpful, so lay off!!! You didn't indicate in your OP whether you were single or a couple, so s/he gave you both rates.

Now to your OP. AFAIK, it is possible to get RA on top of your DA. It is a separate payment. Again, your OP gave no indication of your location, so Cushie gave you the link showing the maximum RA claimable for your area. It shouldn't be difficult to work our from there. Bear in mind you have to make a contribution of max E35 weekly for the rent.

No need to be so aggressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- lets remain civil towards one another. Any more namecalling- and I don't care to what extent you use names- you will get a ban.

OP- you need to contact Welfare to get pertinent information- or try the State Benefits forum here on Boards- this is not an appropriate venue.

Thread closed.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement