Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re 'Best of' number of frames

• 05-10-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

I was watching a bit of Premier League snooker last night down in the snooker club (Trump Vs Ebdon) and unusually the match was best of 6. Any match i've ever seen before has always been best of an odd number of frames. What would have happened if the match went to 3-3 in this case?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

It's a draw and each player gets a point. League situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

League matchs in the premier snooker league are player over 6 frames in total. Its not played best of 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The draw factor in snooker kills it for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

The draw factor in snooker kills it for me.

It does lack something without a final frame decider, but does seem to suit the premier leagues unique format.

Lets face it, it makes life so much easier for TV schedulers having a guaranteed 6 frames. Generally the premier league match nights on Sky Sports end at the scheduled time, give or take.

Eurosports schedules seem to go out the window when a sport like live snooker is on.

Advertisement