Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet weight loss pics

• 05-10-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

Great to see people wising up and getting the weight off their pets, although it is a shame that they let it pile on there in the first place.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/19830593

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Wow, they all look so much better without the extra weight. I met a 1yr old lab the other day that was already considerably overweight. 1 year! poor thing hadn't even matured yet and was so hefty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Looking at that pic of the Lab, too many Labs you see around look like that. So many that I think people think they're supposed to look like that. Poor dogs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

My youngest cat was put on a diet after she gained a kg from may to august! She has luxating patellas which means that she doesn't get much exercise. She lost .2 of a KG month, and will be in for her second weigh in early next week. It has just meant being strict with the food, only giving her the recommended daily allowance and not feeding ad lib which we did before and thinking of some low impact exercises for her and only playing for short periods of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

kylith wrote: »
    Looking at that pic of the Lab, too many Labs you see around look like that. So many that I think people think they're supposed to look like that. Poor dogs...

Never forgive myself if mine got like that..:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

How about this:

http://www.dognews.co.uk/simply-worst-cases-animal-cruelty-record/

A dachshund about half my weight... Poor dog, I hope it gets the help it needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

kylith wrote: »

My yellow lab is not like that she still has a waist and she has been spayed and she is 8 years old

Advertisement