Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Broadband

Options
  • 05-10-2012 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

You should be getting a sync close to 20mb for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

RHJ wrote: »

Hi RHJ
    yes happy to run some test here. Can you PM me your tel and account number, should have this info for you soon.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2 izzybear93

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, I've only just joined..

I am looking to get a higher speed broadband, At the moment I get up to 8mb and my download speed fluctuates between 2mb and 6mb. Also broadband stops working whenever someone is on the landline phone! Virgin media isn't available in my area yet.

If I get broadband up to 24mb will it be any quicker or will i still only get 2 - 6mb?
    And how can i stop the broadband from cutting out whenever someone is on the phone!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

izzybear93 wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, I've only just joined..

I am looking to get a higher speed broadband, At the moment I get up to 8mb and my download speed fluctuates between 2mb and 6mb. Also broadband stops working whenever someone is on the landline phone! Virgin media isn't available in my area yet.

If I get broadband up to 24mb will it be any quicker or will i still only get 2 - 6mb?
    And how can i stop the broadband from cutting out whenever someone is on the phone!?

Hi izzybear93

If you could PM me your account details I will check the maximum capability speed your line can hold? If you install a dsl filter/splitter to each phone socket in your house this will stop any interference on the line and your broadband should no longer cut out. Usually if your dsl filter/splitter is faulty this can also be the reason as to why your broadband is cutting out.

Regards
    Linda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Make21

Hi izzybear93

If you could PM me your account details I will check the maximum capability speed your line can hold? If you install a dsl filter/splitter to each phone socket in your house this will stop any interference on the line and your broadband should no longer cut out. Usually if your dsl filter/splitter is faulty this can also be the reason as to why your broadband is cutting out.

Regards
    Linda

Hi Linda - would appreciate your input on this thread : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056793957

Thanks

Advertisement