Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time for a smart phone

Options
  • 05-10-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭

kinda similar to seven_elevens thread...but iv a higher price range so didnt want to jump in. finally making to move to a smartphone from an old nokia and thought id look for a bit of advice from the more informed!

so far in the lead in the Galaxy Ace 2, wouldnt mind a decent camera to have on me and i hear it cant zoom... dont really want to go beyond the 250e mark it sets... aiming for a mid range then... just aint gonna afford something in the s3/iphone bracket

im with o2 and looking at their double credit back... id use about 20e a month so leaning towards buying from them, but seen good things about the Huawei Ascend G300 (i know id have to unlock it) which is 150e and about the same price (as the ace2) if you factor in the credit back.

probably is time to go for a full on touchscreen and something with the internet, wifi. gps would be good but not essential. bluetooth needed for the car... i think thats the main things after going through the how to ask thread

so basically what do you reckon would be the best value in the area... all advice appreciated. listed the 2 front runners atm but if im missing something obvious bring me up on it!
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭fits

This will be by far the most powerful one you can get at that price range.

The Operating System will be updated at the end of October which is why they are going relatively cheaply. It can do almost anything an Iphone/S2 can do.

I'd get an older top of the range phone in preference to the galaxy ace to be honest.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0065VOICY/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The lumia 800 does not have a front facing camera if that's a problem. Id check out the lumia 710 as well, the only real difference is that it can be opened at the back and has half the storage, but it should be substantially cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

The Lumia 800 is now €199 on o2 payg, Link.

You can also get 10% off upgrades at the weekends with o2 priority moments, so that would bring the cost down to €180

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,930 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I saw this in the shop today and it's a very sleek wee phone. What's the battery like does anyone know (Wifi/3G off 95% of the time)?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Thank you very much OP, One Nokia Lumia 800 has found a new home.

Being patiently waiting for this to drop from the 429€ O2 were looking for. Got it in store as my sim card had to be brought up to 3G standard.
    Kids are flying through the menus, the maps look real cool so hopefully that will be a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

cheers for the advice lads... will do a bit of investigating but seems to be the top choice... glad i posted here, had nearly disregarded nokia, never heard much about their smartphones. my mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

bought this today so thanks for the advice lads... sim card was probably long overdue an upgrade too! now to finally get around to setting up the wifi in the house and making proper use of it!

Advertisement