Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help deciding a college for masters degree

Options
  • 05-10-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Need some input. Im currently in my 3rd year(out of 4) study in Computer Systems Management in IT Carlow, and i've started thinking about doing a Masters after.

Two masters degrees in particular caught my eye, Msc in Cloud Computing with the NCI and Msc in Computing & Information Systems. Of the two i have a great interest in Information Systems, which looks to be covered more throughly at DBS.

Both are courses I would like to take however, so what will help me decide is the colleges reputation for masters degrees. DBS as far as i know has a poor rep for undergrad degrees and NCI seems to have a good rep. Does anyone know what way employers view these colleges?

Thanks a mil for the help! :D

Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ramblingcelt

Have a look at the MSc in Cloud Computing at the IPA. Very hands-on. Run in conjunction with UCD.
    http://www.ipa.ie/index.php?lang=en&p=edu&id=317

Reputation of colleges is a tricky one. I personally am wary of private colleges here in Ireland.

Have done a couple of modules in NCI and found the quality varied. Can't judge a whole institution based on a few lectures.

In general UCD, DCU and TCD are better respected for IT.

Advertisement