Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Bookmakers Coming To The Dunmore Road

Options
  • 05-10-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Just passed Bellissimo and I see that Paddy Power have a planning notice in the window. I would have thought the last thing that area needed is another bookmaker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Feck it, tis a few jobs for a few people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shocked that they are bothering with bricks and mortar.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Jobs for a few people?

Oh ok That's okay then, let's ignore the fact that bookmakers and betting shops are on the increase during a recession.....this is not a good thing!

Lets Ignore the fact the people that least afford it are giving money to this scum bag business model, that it's preying on the people with problems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Cabaal wrote: »
    let's ignore the fact that bookmakers and betting shops are on the increase during a recession.....this is not a good thing!

Betting shops are certainly not on the increase in Waterford, lot less than there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Cabaal wrote: »
    Jobs for a few people?

Oh ok That's okay then, let's ignore the fact that bookmakers and betting shops are on the increase during a recession.....this is not a good thing!

Lets Ignore the fact the people that least afford it are giving money to this scum bag business model, that it's preying on the people with problems

They dont force people to gamble. Hope the place does well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

They dont force people to gamble.

No, they just profit from their addiction. There's a good reason why betting shops are illegal in many countries.

I know of more than one person who wastes every spare penny in those places. It's not a rational decision that drives them, like the need to by clothes or bread. They spend their clothes-and-bread money in these bloody places!

If I were a benign dictator, I would close them all down in the morning. Betting should be on-course only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Why was there none of this outrage when Oskars reopened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

fricatus wrote: »
    No, they just profit from their addiction. There's a good reason why betting shops are illegal in many countries.

I know of more than one person who wastes every spare penny in those places. It's not a rational decision that drives them, like the need to by clothes or bread. They spend their clothes-and-bread money in these bloody places!

If I were a benign dictator, I would close them all down in the morning. Betting should be on-course only.
    Hear Hear, but then again I would close the chippers to stop me from expanding !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

longshanks wrote: »
    Why was there none of this outrage when Oskars reopened?
    Because Oskars has huge, fat dripping squeezy bottles of mayo and ketchup on each table. Classy.

Advertisement