Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dodgiest places in Ireland

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

deccurley wrote: »
    Has to be Southill in Limerick.

As Des Bishop once put it, Southill is a dangerous area in a dangerous area.

You leave Ballymun, you're in Santry. You leave Knocknaheeney, you're in Sundays Well.

You get out of Southill...you're still in Limerick!

What an idiotic thing to say really is. Have you ever even been to Limerick? Where do you live and I don t mean with your mother that bit is obvious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Tralee is a pikey infested hole.
    Waterford can be a kip as well at the best of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Tralee can be like a holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show especially during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

zerks wrote: »

Ballybeg was mentioned earlier,it doesn't live up to it's name & was way worse years ago but is grand now.It just kept the bad name.
    I've heard that some of the decent folk of Ballybeg had, shall we say, a quiet word with the main troublemakers, and that it's a lot quieter there since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There are scumbags in nearly every estate in the entire country.
    Muirhevnamore in Dundalk has a very bad name but the vast majority of it's inhabitants are lovely people. The media make a big issue of every little thing that happens there. A few scumbags get everyone a bad name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

https://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en

Athy, not very nice!was worse, but still poor enough :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

cjlawlor wrote: »
    +1 for Corduff. The 38 bus that goes there is usually full of "interesting characters" as well.

I'd also say Marlborough St. after 8.30PM is well dodgy. I lived near there for a number of years. It's THE place to go to see scumbags fighting, addicts passoed out, blatant drug dealing and probably a whole lot more... Never saw a Garda there ever... probably because they wouldn't stand a chance without a shotgun.

My father used to own a Jewellery shop on Marlborough st. Only problem we ever had was when i accidently pushed the panic alarm. Had the armed response unit pointing their guns in our faces about three minutes later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Dannyriver wrote: »
    What an idiotic thing to say really is. Have you ever even been to Limerick? Where do you live and I don t mean with your mother that bit is obvious.

Yeah, I have been to Limerick many times. I actually think its a nice city and I've had a few great nights there.

I was directly quoting Des Bishop. If you disagree and think its an idiotic thing to say, your problm is with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i found myself near the fountain estate in derry around the twelfth of july (its only round the corner from the big shopping district)

Looks like the google street view car was there at the same time too... right kip of a place

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

jimpump wrote: »
    my eyes are ****ed after reading that

paragraphs are your friend!!

That IS a paragraph.
    where was this area?

Put it this way, it reminded me of that Aphex Twin video called 'Come to Daddy'. Look it up if you've never seen it.
    staker wrote: »
    Was that Cougar Town?:p

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ballybeg was pretty dodgy when I was studying down in Waterford about 10 years ago, but I've heard it's quitened down a bit since.
    Also the whole Lismore/Tirconnel area opposite the shopping centre wasnt exactly a bed of roses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Lol is it really that bad?
    Seriously no Celtic Tiger ever came to the place because half the town is on the dole, heroin hole of a place. I would go out inside in the Mucky Duck before Kileys cause of the scobes that hang around there every Saturday night waiting for people to come out and kick the heads of them. Its a dirty kip, everywhere you look is run down.
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    Another vote for Tipp Town

The shame of the county

We'd give to Co Limerick if we could

Ye can fookin hold onto it, we don't want it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Here's a house in a dodgy estate, looks nice inside big rooms... but just £35k... now look at the Statistics page! For some reason the sale keeps falling through and the price has fell by 80k in 3 years.

Advertisement