Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vu Ultimo Setup

Options
  • 05-10-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi - I have a Vu Ultimo up and running the latest blackhole image, I have two satellite tuners and one terrestrial tuner for saorview.
    Its all working fine and i have downloaded a sky uk channel bouquet.

Does anyone know how i can add the saorview channels to a channel list with the satellite channels?

thanks...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You have to add them manually I think, what I do is go to the bouquets, go to providers, then RTÉNL (or whatever it is), then menu over each channel and then add to bouquet, this will add it to the end of the bouquet you picked, after that you can enable move mode to move them to wherever you want in the bouquet.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

Clareman wrote: »
    You have to add them manually I think, what I do is go to the bouquets, go to providers, then RTÉNL (or whatever it is), then menu over each channel and then add to bouquet, this will add it to the end of the bouquet you picked, after that you can enable move mode to move them to wherever you want in the bouquet.

Simple.... Thanks Clareman, no doubt i'll be back with more questions :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Another option to is download the channels you have on your box using DB Edit and adding them that way, I don't bother to be honest, I just add them manually, whole lot easier.

BTW, if you are using CrossEPG and you are using the OpenTV providers make sure you only use the 28.2e option, the 28.4 option will lead to blank entries from time to time, too me ages to figure that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

I found if you do a full scan, sat and terrestrial, then download to dreamset. Delete all the channels you don't want. Turn off "auto scan in backround" on the box. Upload your new list to the box. And select all channels. All your channels will be a-z. Been using this system for ages and works great. Only have about 80-90 channels on the box. You'd be surprised how many channels you don't watch and delete over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jon012

Hi all,
    interested in getting the vu box but in a bad spot for internet and connection can be slow. whats the slowest speed that the box will work at? at times its 30mbps

• Advertisement

It's a satellite box so your internet connection won't make a difference to what it's intented for. If you're looking for the additional plugins like youtube or stuff, they'll work the same on your box as they would on a "normal" computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jon012

Where would ye recommend to buy the vu box?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭pedigree

Hi,
    Is the vu box noisy?
    Pedigree

I don't notice it as noisey but I have it in a cabinet and can't hear anything, it''s a lot quieter than a PS3 or Xbox anyway.

I got mine through sat-shop.co.uk, best price at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

hi,i got mine off satboxes.com and they were the best price at the time of my purchase,i spent weeks googling for the best price(theres not a massive difference with the prices with this reciever as it in high demand) and the best price i got was off a german outfit online and after contacting satboxes they were able to better the price a little and my money was spent in ireland which was a bonus

• Advertisement
Advertisement