Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus z77 extreme4 problem

Options
  • 05-10-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi I am posting this for my brother. Asus z77 extreme4 and I have built my new machine. When I power it on I get an error code 55. I have googled it and it is a problem with no ram being installed which it is. I have tried just putting one stick of ram and testing each slot but none seem to work. In an other thread someone said the bios version 2.1+ only support ivy bridge. I think my version maybe 1.4 which could be the problem. I am just wondering did anyone else get this motherboard of hardwareversand and if so what version bios was it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Are you sure that the RAM is all the way in- the side holders clicked into the slots?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Monotype wrote: »
    Are you sure that the RAM is all the way in- the side holders clicked into the slots?
    Yes the sides clicked in when I pushed down on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Surely they would have shipped a BIOS that supported Ivy Bridge with a Z77 motherboard which are designed for Ivy Bridge. It doesn't rule out that a BIOS update could help, if you knew someone with a different CPU to try.

Is your RAM 1.5V?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

can you borrow a mates ram for a few hours and give that a go?
    Just to be sure its not faulty ram you have..

Monotype wrote: »
    Surely they would have shipped a BIOS that supported Ivy Bridge with a Z77 motherboard which are designed for Ivy Bridge. It doesn't rule out that a BIOS update could help, if you knew someone with a different CPU to try.

Is your RAM 1.5V?

This is the ram in question.
    http://lb.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=58866&agid=1193

And cheers for the help lads. Okay we got somewhere now. We have one of the sticks of ram working. My brother didn't test the other stick fully so it looks like one of the sticks may just be bad.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Thats exactly the RAM I have gone for. Hopefully it works fine with my Z77-I.

Andy!! wrote: »
    Thats exactly the RAM I have gone for. Hopefully it works fine with my Z77-I.

The ram works fine but one of the sticks had just died. The reason it took us a while to cop on was because the cpu cooler was blocking the first slot and if you are only using one stick it has to go into the slot that was blocked.

Advertisement