Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cake course

Options
  • 05-10-2012 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

k so ive been looking into it and i cant seem to find a cake decorating course that lasts more then one day!!!! budget is not a problem travelling is. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Did you check night classes in your local school? I did one over 6 or 8 weeks, can't remember exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

decobake do a diploma in PME Sugarpaste, it goes on for a few classes. There's one on next month, was gonna do it, but im away.

Have a look on their site and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

ps, their Facebook page is better than their website. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 tilt_rue

what language is their site;) in???????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

tilt_rue wrote: »
    what language is their site;) in???????????????

Is that some sort of joke/trick question? It's in English...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Is that some sort of joke/trick question? It's in English...

No joke. Look at www.decobake.com. All the text is currently in Latin, but come out of google translate as gibberish in English.
    Here is an example.

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut eget felis tellus. Curabitur ac dapibus tortor. Integer facilisis tempor imperdiet. "

I am guessing here, but I think their beta site is live and they dont realise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

huskerdu wrote: »
    No joke. Look at www.decobake.com. All the text is currently in Latin, but come out of google translate as gibberish in English.
    Here is an example.

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut eget felis tellus. Curabitur ac dapibus tortor. Integer facilisis tempor imperdiet. "

I am guessing here, but I think their beta site is live and they dont realise it.

That's Lorum Ipsum, gibberish text used by designers for laying out text before they put in the real content, it won't translate properly into anything Defo looks like they have their dev site live!

:Dthanks for clearing that up #MissFlitworth and #huskerdu.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i actually thought my brain had fried itself there!!!!!!!:):):)

I checked the site before I posted that reply and it was in English to me then and still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Decorating Classes section isn't though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I checked the site before I posted that reply and it was in English to me then and still is.

The front page is in English, but not the text on each page.

http://decobake.com/product-category/wedding/

Ha, silly Decobake. First they have a sh*te site now they have a half right site, they'll get there eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

1680649499_d272293764_thumb.jpg

Bunny facepalm.

Talk about how to ruin a new site launch, destroy search engine rankings and give a terrible feckless impression in one go! It makes baby bunnies cry.

Someone should point them to this thread for some market research ;)

or some one who knows how to design and maintain websites should take the reigns!!!!!

tilt_rue wrote: »
    or some one who knows how to design and maintain websites should take the reigns!!!!!

To be fair to the web developers involved, it's often not the responsibility of the design company to provide copy for the site - I know it's a constant source of frustration to web developers when client companies won't cough up some content or hire a web copywriter to do it right. The designers may simply have provided the site as is for Decobake to populate with content, and it never happened. Strange it went live though - first impressions are made in a matter of seconds on the web.

Pity, because it's a vast improvement on their old site, and Decobake is a good company otherwise. I hope they rectify it quickly.

cute bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 brianbaru

Eviledna wrote: »
    1680649499_d272293764_thumb.jpg

Bunny facepalm.

Talk about how to ruin a new site launch, destroy search engine rankings and give a terrible feckless impression in one go! It makes baby bunnies cry.

Someone should point them to this thread for some market research ;)

How does it destroy search engine rankings?

dunno but i do no that deco bake are making a new site. if go to the website it will give you the option of getting an alert{email} to when the site is up and running

brianbaru wrote: »
    How does it destroy search engine rankings?

Would give them an almighty bounce rate for one (which is when someone views a page on your site & leaves without going to another). If someone landed on a page on their site through google, saw the lorum ipsum text, though 'feck this and hit the back key or back button to go back to the search results Google will give you the option to block all results from that site in future

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 brianbaru

I don't think bounce rate would have an effect that dramatic. It's only one of hundreds of factors that decide on a pages ranking.

• Advertisement

brianbaru wrote: »
    I don't think bounce rate would have an effect that dramatic. It's only one of hundreds of factors that decide on a pages ranking.

Yep, That's why I mentioned 'for one' :)

Although I think I'm getting off topic! <returns to cake related posting>

:P so in my original question about cakes i got some great answers so now i pose another one.. Does anyone know where I can get a cake making equipment hamper made, or is there even such a thing?? My Best friend is moving to the States and she LOVES baking so i thought instead of the usual going away present im thinking of a hamper of baking goods, suggestions please!!!!!!! :confused:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My budget would be €100-€200?????

I'm pretty sure stuff4cakes in galway could sort you out. But consider if your friend is moving to the states that they may not want to haul the hamper over in shipping, it might be best to get a voucher for a baking supplies place near where they are moving so they can buy stuff over there?

Advertisement