Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 week 2 reports

Options
  • 05-10-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Patriots-26 Cardinals-21
    A lot of turn overs first half, cards went up 14-2 then gronk started catching balls and it down hill from there! Went for it on 4th down in last min from the 25- Larry Fitz slipped in the rain so wasn't where he was supposed to be and missed the pass!
    Good game overall!
    Thanks Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Cardinals (Padraic.M) @ Patriots(Davetherave)

26-21 to the Pats.
    Team|1|2|3|4|Final
    Arizona|14|0|0|7|21
    New England|2|21|3|0|26

New England continue to please their new overlord dictator master and go 2-0 with a lucky win over Arizona.

Turnovers were the name of the game today, Brady threw two interceptions including a Greg Toller return for TD, Gronk fumbled it at the Arizona 1 yard line. Skelton threw three picks including a 102 yard pick six, he also coughed up the ball after getting hit by new addition DE Matt Roth and then we had a big man with football moment when Vince Wilfork scooped it up and took it to the house.

Was close right up to the final whistle, I missed a FG that would have had me up 8 instead it gave Padraic the ball around midfield with about three minutes to go. Drives his way up to my goal line then good old Larry slips and the pass is incomplete.

Disappointed with the performance Gronkowski had. Only got 142 yards on 7 catches. :pac:

I'm thinking maybe I should have picked a sunnier climate team because the passing game was awful in the rain tonight. Anybody want to swap teams? :P:P:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dave... Talk to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

49ers 31 - Lions 14

Not a brilliant game for either player, way too many picks and near picks. Started off with a couple of punts. Mine going out at the one yard line and a couple of attempts to get out ended up in a Bowman pick and was ran in by gore a short while later. After a SF FG the lions score a long td catch by Johnson Jr with 12 or so seconds left in the half.

The second half was decided by dropped picks and a disputed pick by Willis which seemed to stick to his knee! It was sack city for the 49ers as the lions o-line tired giving Stafford less and less time to throw resulting in mistakes. A frustrating game for Adrian as more and more things went wrong, seems he got my luck from the first game, maybe he'll pass it on to the titans!
    Couple of two and six week injuries for the unlucky lions.

First nominee for 'sports person of Madden 13' is Adrian for punting back after a fumble while trying to catch a punt, he kicked it again to allow me to start from the twenty yard line. Most sporting thing I've seen from anyone yet and makes me proud to be apart of the boards league.

Total yards SF 261. Lions 306
    Rushing 89. 40
    Passing. 172. 266
    Turnovers. 3. 5
    Sacks. 8. 0

Stafford 61.1. 16/34. 325. 2td
    Smith. 55.3. 14/26. 172. 1td

Gore 20/83. 1td
    Morris 3/36

C.johnson jr. 6/117 1TD
    Owens. 3/106. 1TD
    Moss 3/68 1td

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Chargers and my the 1st competitive game between me and Paully D! I havent won a coin toss in any M13 game yet:confused:

Titans move it to the red zone but stall and kick a FG.

Chargers are passing it well and get into the red zone but throw a pick 6 to Akeem Ayers

Chargers take it to midfield and on a 3rd and 10 complete the pass but its 4th and inches and they punt.

Chargers defense dominates and force a huge sack and a punt.

Chargers WRs are dropping passes all over the field, it's crazy but the Chargers get a FG.

Titans move it and hit C2J for a pass and he takes it in
    17-3 with 3 mins in the half.
    Dropped passes are having a bad effect on the chargers and they have to punt

Chargers force a 3 and out with 1:10 left int he half but the Titans force the same with 48 seconds left.

Titans get too cockly and throw an int with 9 seconds left, Chargers are on the 41, they kick a FG after a completed pass.

Chargers to receive but they are forced to punt, their receivers now seem to be catching more.. so are their defenders! Titans throw a pick in their own half, however the Chargers need to settle for 3 again.

17-9 Titans, Titans move it to the 4 yard line and then a toss to Johnson gets a TD

24-9 Titans

Chargers get a TD after a roidculous tackle by a Titan D man

24-16 at the start of the 4th

Chargers D steps up and stops the Titans on 3rd and 1, but on the Chargers first play they throw another pick 6.

Chargers move it well and go tot he hurry up, go for it on 4th and 2 and get a good catch from Gates, however... another pass from Rivers finds McCourty for a pick 6... on the next play Rivers throws a pass to Afalava (titans SS) andhe runs it in for 6

45-16 Titans, Chargers move it well on the ground with short passes in the air for a TD

45-23 Titans and that is game after the Titans run the clock

Some Stats:

Titans with 255 yards, 30 rushing
    Chargers with 306 yards, 96 rushing

Titans throw 2 ints that lead to 2 FGs.
    Chargers with 4 turnovers that lead to 4 TDs

Locker with a QB rating of 77, 19 from 28, 1 TD and 2 Ints
    Rivers with a rating of 24, 19 from 39, 217 yards, 1 TD and 4 ints

C2j ad 14 carries with 36 yards and 1 rushing TD
    Mathews had 19 carries for 94 yards and 1 TD

Cook JR with 6 catches for 92 yards, Britt with 4 for 68 including a couple of long 3rd downs. C2J gets 5 catches for 44 yards and a TD

Titans D won this game accounting for over half of their points
    Afalava, McCourty, Ayers and Campbell all taking catches.

Unlucky Paully,with out the ints there wasnt anything in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good game Heli, a well deserved victory. I really struggled to defend the play action and the INT's ruined any chance I had.

Words can't describe how much I hate playing with the Chargers, but on the plus side with my division and the way I'm playing lately it looks like I'll be picking fairly high for Madden 14 :pac:

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Good game Heli, a well deserved victory. I really struggled to defend the play action and the INT's ruined any chance I had.

Words can't describe how much I hate playing with the Chargers, but on the plus side with my division and the way I'm playing lately it looks like I'll be picking fairly high for Madden 14 :pac:

Your WRs didnt help you at all, another day Gates would have made most of those catches.

Happy enough with my D, they made some good hits and C2J when needed did ok enough on the runs i needed him to do well on.

Paully.. if you had a mic by pick 6 number 3 i probably would have had to turn you off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ravens beat the Eagles by one in Philadelphia. It was a great game. Ray Rice was stopped in his tracks, only had 24 yards. The game turned on interception thrown by Vick at vital times. Notyalc can consider himself unlucky as he did most of the attacking throughout the game.

Notable stats

Eagles 350 yards offence

McCoy 120 yards rushing.

Joe Flacco Passer rating 144 2 tds

Sergio Kindle 4 tackles :cool:

Best of luck for the rest of the season Eagles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Your WRs didnt help you at all, another day Gates would have made most of those catches.

Happy enough with my D, they made some good hits and C2J when needed did ok enough on the runs i needed him to do well on.

Paully.. if you had a mic by pick 6 number 3 i probably would have had to turn you off :D

Yeah your D was very good. Gates, Floyd and Meachem all had at least one opportunity to get me decent gains at one stage but your secondary was right there to break it up. It was frustrating especially as most of my WR's have got catch in traffic stats!

By the 3rd INT I was just laughing at myself to be honest. Funnily enough 3 of them were on the same kind of out routes where I just didn't see the corner jump ahead of the ball. If I can cut out the silly turnovers I should be able to improve a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Washington Redskins 27-3 St. Louis Rams

I can't help but feel sorry for Rory after this game. He never had a chance with what his offense put up and it made it impossible. Redskins went up 10-0 early but then the Rams O decided to kill the game. Firstly, Jackson fumbled the ball which was picked up by Fletcher and ran into the end zone to make it 17-0. After that, the Rams, especially their tight ends, decided not catch anything thrown at them, as there must have been 6/7 drops by Rams receivers, 2 when there wasn't a Redskins defensive player in sight. RG3 made it 2-0 for the Skins by finding Green Ellis on a screen to make it 24-3 which really stretched it out.

The Rams threw several picks in the 2nd half as they inevitably had to chase the game. Unlucky Rory, you really didn't have a chance with the stinking O on show.

In big news for the NFC East, Kerrigan got knocked out for 6 weeks which will no doubt delight some of the teams he was due to face!

RG3 Watch: 14/19 183 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Cowboys beat Seahawks 20-13, score made close by last minute kickoff return by Leon Washington.

Couple interceptions by Romo, one as receiver lost his footing in the rain, the other a stupid red zone mistake by me.

Russell Wilson is crap. Seahawks defense is tough

Looking forward to next game, hopefully clean up some of these mistakes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Browns raced into an early lead and the Bengals were forced to abandon the run game early

The Bengals had some succuss in the pass game, AJ Green with a 78 yd TD and Mohammad Sanu with a 38 yd TD

Browns controlled time of possesion with the run game

Greg Little was just like the real life Greg Little with an atrocious drop :rolleyes:

Difference coming down to Dalton with 2 TD's and 2 INTs and Weeden with 1 TD and 0 INT

Crucially Dalton threw a 97 yd pick 6 after fighting up the field to great position. Kinda ended the game I think, momentum was over

Bengals are a dangerous passing team, some more focus on the run game would help a lot

MVP of the game
    I'll have to give it the winning team, that's usually how things are done so I say James-Michael Johnson LOLB with 3 tackles for loss and 2 sacks

Browns go 2-0 and face the Bills next week
    Bengals go 0-2 but could start a run against the Redskins next week

Good luck for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The result of our week 4 showdown could be important come the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Fking hell I've never been so disgusted after a loss. DeAngelo Williams should be hung. At least the Cam Newton/Steve Smith/general good defense plan is working out. Shame about the end. How can I allow a 76 yard pass to win it with 13 seconds left. How did I not go to prevent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

matthew8 wrote: »
    Fking hell I've never been so disgusted after a loss. DeAngelo Williams should be hung. At least the Cam Newton/Steve Smith/general good defense plan is working out. Shame about the end. How can I allow a 76 yard pass to win it with 13 seconds left. How did I not go to prevent.

Yeah unlucky. There was an awful lot of lag and not making excuses but I blame the lag for my last pick.

I had so many chances to go ahead too and f*cked up. Not the prettiest of games. You had one great run with Cam.

My 3rd down conversion rate was atrocious. My receivers seemed not to want to even try and catch the ball. :mad:

Edit - Also you should look into getting a mic. Not for chatting as I know you don't like that but just so I can let you know that I am going no huddle or going for it on 4th.

Gloating too much about fantasy football probably....

At times we were both at times sublime, and at times woeful, or at least our blocking was. Steve Smith is an absolute monster though. The Cam Newton run was the most epic thing I've ever seen though. How I could go man cover 1 with 20 seconds left I'll never know though. I guess it helped that you hadn't completed a pass against it though before that. Also really pissed off at the 80 yard TD you had earlier, tried to change at the last second to man and poor tackling. My LBs looking like monsters thankfully, Jon Beason looked like Ray Lewis on that one play. If I miss the playoffs this is the game I'll be looking back at, like my infamous OT loss to the Bills. Meh, I prefer winning fantasy.

You prefer winning fantasy??? No way!!

Yeah, that is the thing about my team, they have some fast guys that are going to get long yards after the catch.

Your o-line isn't great but you worked well with the shotgun to make the best of it.

O-line is a big weakness, downfield throws aren't much of an option. I only joined this league because the fantasy season was over last year, and I've hardly played the game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Texans 14-28 Jaguars.

Really good game between myself and Tadeo Polite Revolver. I received the ball and got MJD rolling for an early TD. A pick and MJD running and it was 14-0. Nerd replied with a nice drive culminating in a 41 yard TD run for Arian Foster, and after failing on my next drive and punting I grabbed a pick 6 towards to take a 21-7 lead. I couldn't believe my luck on the next drive near the end of the half, Posluszny grabbed a pick and I managed to get Timmy Tebow a passing TD to Laurent Robinson, 28-7 at the half and although it didn't really reflect the closness of the contest, I was delighted. The 2nd half I was totally shut down on offence and didn't get a score. It was up to my D to restrict the Foster and Andre Johnson combo as best I could, Nerd got his TD in the 3rd to make the 4th quater a tense one. Going into the 4th it was attack vs defence and I managed to snag a 3rd pick with 2 mins left on the clock and see the game out.

Really good game Tadeo Polite Revolver, good luck with the rest of the season.

Matthew also cleaned my FB out of it yesterday with one of the biggest hits I have ever seen in Madden, I almost fell off the chair from the impact.

Broken collarbone, only out for 4 weeks though? :confused:

• Advertisement

Jags are in it to win it! Makes a change from M12 where they were the whipping boys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Any one else noticing the Packers storming through their first two games....how did this guy get first pick??

madalig12 wrote: »
    Any one else noticing the Packers storming through their first two games....how did this guy get first pick??

It is now an extremely pass orientated game. No surprise that he is doing so well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

madalig12 wrote: »

Cause he joined late last year and lost some close plays that Vince Young ballsed up.

Vince Young to Aaron Rodgers, nice progression!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Raoul wrote: »
    It is now an extremely pass orientated game. No surprise that he is doing so well. :)

I've got the packers in the Pro franchise on madden pfl and im 4-0.. Rodgers is a dream ( yes it sounds gay... i dont care) Hes awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I've got the packers in the Pro franchise on madden pfl and im 4-0.. Rodgers is a dream ( yes it sounds gay... i dont care) Hes awesome

Yeah but you have QB Nacho here and Woodley has been itching to get acquainted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Yeah but you have QB Nacho here and Woodley has been itching to get acquainted!!

Ye QB Nacho is a slight step down on Rodgers.. I look forward to Beating you 6-3 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Tadeo Polite Revolver

Jags are in it to win it! Makes a change from M12 where they were the whipping boys
    There legit couldn't get anything against them and Mjd destroyed me looking forward to the rematch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Giants Vs Bucs

20 - 17

Giants total offense 324. rushing 129 passing 195

Bucs total offense 179. rushing 81 passing 98.

Was a sloppy game on my behalf. Some stupid play calling.

Good Game GUFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

empacher wrote: »
    Giants Vs Bucs

20 - 17

Giants total offense 324. rushing 129 passing 195

Bucs total offense 179. rushing 81 passing 98.

Was a sloppy game on my behalf. Some stupid play calling.

Good Game GUFC
    Ya gg

Likewise poor calling on my side in last drive. Couldn't get anything going in first half. Was very lucky to virtually intercept a toss to the hb.

Finally got a drive going in the 3rd for td and 4 point lead. Stopped for fg and tried to kill game wit a full quarter left. Got it down to 1.40 or so and just messed up my reads no final drive emp got in for a td to win by 3

Advertisement