Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 week 2 reports

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Cause he joined late last year and lost some close plays that Vince Young ballsed up.

Vince Young to Aaron Rodgers, nice progression!

I'd like everyone to leave Vince Young rotting on the FA market till he retires. I actually picked third and was disappointed to not get the Patriots!

Lost some close games (and some not so close) last year largely due to Vince Young's inability to throw the ball in the direction I actually wanted him to.

In fairness the scores of both my games so far disguise a lot. I've been on the right sides of a lot of turnovers. And if the Bears tight end (Davis I think) had of caught even half the balls thrown at him for the first 3 quarters the game could and likely would have been very different.

Although the scoreline doesn't reflect it both games were competitive with mistakes at key times (by my opposition, luckily for me) swung the game in my favour.

Oh and Aaron Rodgers is an F'N DREAMBOAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nelbert wrote: »
    I'd like everyone to leave Vince Young rotting on the FA market till he retires. I actually picked third and was disappointed to not get the Patriots!

Lost some close games (and some not so close) last year largely due to Vince Young's inability to throw the ball in the direction I actually wanted him to.

In fairness the scores of both my games so far disguise a lot. I've been on the right sides of a lot of turnovers. And if the Bears tight end (Davis I think) had of caught even half the balls thrown at him for the first 3 quarters the game could and likely would have been very different.

Although the scoreline doesn't reflect it both games were competitive with mistakes at key times (by my opposition, luckily for me) swung the game in my favour.

Oh and Aaron Rodgers is an F'N DREAMBOAT!

He's already starting QB for the Vikings! You'll be happy to hear the Jags D-Line gave him a bit of a beatdown in week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Jets head to steel country for a show down !

The first quarter see's both teams exchanges punts before the Jets gets something moving on the ground. Greene going in from 5 yards for a touchdown. 7-0 Jets.

The Steelers reply involved a good deal of 4 wr sets and a running back to try confuse the fabled Jets D. Ben "rape" Roethlisberger moved his team into the redzone. After many failed attempts to penetrate the Jets defense he was forced to leave the field. 7-3 Jets.

The second quarter gets a bit messy ! The Jets are in 3rd down within there own 30. QB nacho stares down his love child Dustin Keller and throws a pick 6 to Harrison at line backer. 10-7 Steelers Momentum shifter. Calm down Big Ben...

The Steelers gets nothing going and are forced to punt. The Jets get a drive going and Greene again goes in for a score. Both touchdowns so far were given however both seemed to be stopped short of the line. However the replacement officials deemed it good so whatever ! 14-10 1;14 min left in the half

Now Big Ben is mad ! The Jets defense has told him no for a whole 27 mins of football no means no ! Big Ben does not like to be told no, on occasion he ignores it. So he find Wallace on a nice route . Laron " The Enforcer " Landry hits him so hard he fumbles.. Revis island was floating close by picks the ball up for a touchdown. 21-10.. Big Ben is angry !

The 3rd quarter is a boring punt/interception fest /yawn. Polamalu did however tackle joe mcknight and it looked as if he had severed his head... he did not.

The 4th quarter see's Revis Island collect two pick's one of which is returned for a touchdown. The score end 31-10 Jets

Hard luck ET. The Wallace fumble was the killer, it was a one score game with 1;14 left in the half. It we start the second half with that score line it could have been a different game.

Revis had a total of 3 interceptions , a fumble recover and a touchdown. Defensive player of the week ? I think so .

Shonn Greene was effective with 18 carries , 92 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Big Ben will most likely plead no contest today with a QB rating of 31.5 and 3 picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    He's already starting QB for the Vikings! You'll be happy to hear the Jags D-Line gave him a bit of a beatdown in week 1.
    Well that warms my cold hate filled heart.....

Dear Vikings,

HA!

Yours sincerly
    Chiefs from Madden 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Big Ben will most likely plead no contest today with a QB rating of 31.5 and 3 picks.

Ben Roethlisberger will be settling this rape case game out of court off the field, like all innocent men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Really?!? 49ers looking forward to a sack-fest! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

madalig12 wrote: »
    Really?!? 49ers looking forward to a sack-fest! :D

That sounds like something you would call a party full of dudes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

That sounds like something you would call a party full of dudes...

HELLO.....SAN FRANCISCO!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Chiefs 44 - 14 Bills

Bills really struggled to move the ball all game. Chiefs took a 14-0 lead with a Moeaki pass and Charles rush TD. Chiefs were in control and another drive saw them 1st and goal on the Bills 1. Then Charles fumbled and Mark Anderson picked it up and ran it all the way back for a TD 14-7 ! Could have been a game changer for the Bills but turned out not to be. Bills running game was shut down with Fred Jackson netting 2 yards on 6 attempts. However his 7th attempt was a biggie and he went 44yards for their only offensive TD.

Chiefs defence then took over and Jalil Brown, Jabier Arenas and Brandon Flowers each ended up with two picks. By Q3 Chiefs had a good lead and were able to run the ball for the rest of the game.

Jamal Charles won AFC Offensive POTW for his perfomance, 19attempts 123yards and 3TD.

Hard luck Brianon, anytime you seemed to get something going it just seemed to break down.

Advertisement