Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade Ins

• 05-10-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi, Im wondering where is the best place to trade my games in? Gamestop, HMV or Gamesnash?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Adverts if you want real money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If you can get into Dublin CC drop into CEX, gives great value for games. Plus, can check their website to see how much you will make on their website. http://ie.webuy.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    If you can get into Dublin CC drop into CEX, gives great value for games. Plus, can check their website to see how much you will make on their website. http://ie.webuy.com/

Thanks. I didnt know they had a website :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I went to gamestop today traded Arkham city, Dragons Dogma, Fable 3 and Darksiders 2. Got 80 euro back, im still in shock :D

I went to gamestop today traded Arkham city, Dragons Dogma, Fable 3 and Darksiders 2. Got 80 euro back, im still in shock :D

Wow thats a hell of a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You got money for Fable 3 !!!!

I think when I went to trade it in they offered me some shoe laces...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I miss console game trade ins

Stuck with numerous and numerous pc games and cant do a **** all with them

Trade in prices have really taken a hammering of late. In HMV the other day I saw a sign with the prices being offered and most recent games weren't worth over 20 euro. 15and 17 euro seemed to be the upper tier of trade in value with Fifa 13 being the only title to really seem to be worth anything. At 36 euro it was double the trade in value of the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,161 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

HMV are great for games trade in prices but Sh1te for console prices, the PS Vita Wifi is €65 cash, yet they give €21 credit for Nintendogs 3D. Gamestop have gone very bad since GAME closed, less than €10 for MW3 for PS3.

As someone has already posted try adverts.

Trade in prices have really taken a hammering of late. In HMV the other day I saw a sign with the prices being offered and most recent games weren't worth over 20 euro. 15and 17 euro seemed to be the upper tier of trade in value with Fifa 13 being the only title to really seem to be worth anything. At 36 euro it was double the trade in value of the others.

Gamestop offer €40 on Fifa 13, get proof of this and HMV will beat it by €1.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    I miss console game trade ins

Stuck with numerous and numerous pc games and cant do a **** all with them

CEX in Dublin trade in PC games, their site is www.ie.webuy.com, check your games and see if it is worth your while going into them.

Is it against the rules to post an Adverts.ie link on boards? Just to see if I can boost sales. Need to get a bit of extra cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Is it against the rules to post an Adverts.ie link on boards? Just to see if I can boost sales. Need to get a bit of extra cash.

Yes it is.

AH ok thanks I was just wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

You might be able to put a link in your signature... I'm assuming its allowed as I've seen a good few people do it.

Bought a new PS3 in HMV last week, went for the 300 euro with 3 games deal and as I had two of them and no interest in Fifa I decided to trade them in. HMV price them for me, 36 for Fifa and 11 for Gran Turismo and 17 for Uncharted 3 GotY. They told me to go to GameStop and see what they were offering as they would beat any price. I was disgusted by the trade in price GameStop offered, really was shocked by it. 40 for Fifa was a good start but the other two prices were insulting, 3.80 for Uncharted 3 and 5 for Gran Turismo. An absolute con job and anyone who would trade in Uncharted 3 GotY for 3.80 is a fool. I'd give it away fir free or break the disc rather than give it to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Bought a new PS3 in HMV last week, went for the 300 euro with 3 games deal and as I had two of them and no interest in Fifa I decided to trade them in. HMV price them for me, 36 for Fifa and 11 for Gran Turismo and 17 for Uncharted 3 GotY. They told me to go to GameStop and see what they were offering as they would beat any price. I was disgusted by the trade in price GameStop offered, really was shocked by it. 40 for Fifa was a good start but the other two prices were insulting, 3.80 for Uncharted 3 and 5 for Gran Turismo. An absolute con job and anyone who would trade in Uncharted 3 GotY for 3.80 is a fool. I'd give it away fir free or break the disc rather than give it to them.

Uncharted 3 and Gran Turismo were the original release trade in prices as Gamestop don't stock the Goty or the Academy editions,in saying that who the Fcuk do they think they are kidding offering so little for Uncharted 3, since Game closed Smyths and HMV are the only place to go to trade in stuff,Gamestops trade prices get worse by the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

cex are good for trade ins
    got 42 for fifa 13 ( week after buying it ) basicly money back
    and 14 for dark souls
    considering you can buy it now for 20 euro in gamestop its a very good price
    fifa 13 was crap
    dark souls id probably end up buying it again in the future
    loved every minute of it ha

hmv are good for prices
    smyths i dont like them
    offered me 32 for fifa 13
    27 for cash something like -10% if you want cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Recently traded in F1 2012 and surprisingly Gamestop gave me the best price for store credit.
    Xtra-vision €25
    HMV €20
    Gamesnash €25
    Gamestop €28
    Smyths €forgot

Anybody else see the signs HMV have up about how they will beat any other trade in prices by €1. I went in after finding out about Gamestop offering me €28 so I said it to the Assistant in HMV as I wanted to trade it in there as they typically have cheaper prices for games than Gamestop. He replied saying "you need proof they offered you that price", which is fair enough, I said they wouldn't give me proof and his reply was "yeah I know and they wouldn't tell us either". It's bit of a ridiculous offer to have if it isn't possible to use it, anybody else manage to get it working?

Beekay wrote: »
    Recently traded in F1 2012 and surprisingly Gamestop gave me the best price for store credit.
    Xtra-vision €25
    HMV €20
    Gamesnash €25
    Gamestop €28
    Smyths €forgot

Anybody else see the signs HMV have up about how they will beat any other trade in prices by €1. I went in after finding out about Gamestop offering me €28 so I said it to the Assistant in HMV as I wanted to trade it in there as they typically have cheaper prices for games than Gamestop. He replied saying "you need proof they offered you that price", which is fair enough, I said they wouldn't give me proof and his reply was "yeah I know and they wouldn't tell us either". It's bit of a ridiculous offer to have if it isn't possible to use it, anybody else manage to get it working?

They has no issue giving me proof last week, the girl I spoke to printed off the list of games and then wrote in the trade in is get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement