Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Home - present idea's..

Options
  • 05-10-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

my bro and his fiance have moved into their new home..

they will need lots of stuff - but i don't want to ask them what they would like.. i wanna get them something nice but something they will get use out of as well..

any idea's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

a gorgeous set of soft cotton towels or a kettle and toaster are ideal new home gifts. a Yankee candle is another great option, or maybe a vase or some bedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭sporina

phasers wrote: »
    a gorgeous set of soft cotton towels or a kettle and toaster are ideal new home gifts. a Yankee candle is another great option, or maybe a vase or some bedding?

thanks… they have all the essentials..

i am willing to spend a bit of money - like perhaps €200.. he's my baby bro and i am mad about him,,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Coffee Machine

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I couple I know had there own home with all the essentials.
    I know that they both liked cooking so I brought them a Kenwood Prospero Compact.
    This has a large mixing bowel, 1.5 Litre acrylic liquidiser, 1.4 Litre food processor and citrus juicer.
    This model - Kenwood Prospero Compact KM265 4.3 Litre Stand Mixer is on sale on amazon.co.uk for stg £112.99 apox €140.
    They loved this as they said it something they would like to have brought but when moving into a new house they needed there cash for other things.

fab lady wrote: »
    I couple I know had there own home with all the essentials.
    I know that they both liked cooking so I brought them a Kenwood Prospero Compact.
    This has a large mixing bowel, 1.5 Litre acrylic liquidiser, 1.4 Litre food processor and citrus juicer.
    This model - Kenwood Prospero Compact KM265 4.3 Litre Stand Mixer is on sale on amazon.co.uk for stg £112.99 apox €140.
    They loved this as they said it something they would like to have brought but when moving into a new house they needed there cash for other things.

hmmm… they both cook but not in a big way… not sure they would get much use of of it.. but thanks..

what about a set of really good sauce pans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,526 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Maybe a good quality pan set, they will after all be using it plenty and for many years.

Or maybe a new washing machine/tumble dryer/dishwasher?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Maybe a good quality pan set, they will after all be using it plenty and for many years.

Or maybe a new washing machine/tumble dryer/dishwasher?

the pan set is a good idea but i would like to get them something that they might not get themselves at this stage… something functional but nice too.. but the key is that they have to like it..

i was thinking of a coffee table or something..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 coolgal52

When we moved into our house we had all the essentials and things I loved to receive where beautiful table lamps, statement mirrors or a retro style radio for the kitchen. also a great gift is some trendy knife sets or really good cutlery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

you should get them one of these... Havent used it but it looks great http://www.beermachine.com/ would so purchase if we had more room.

If twas me and I was looking for something.

I would defo like a snassy kettle and toaster but then i would like to pick them myself. So unless you got them a few small things and then a voucher for somewhere. You could get odd bits like.

If they like eggs - Get them a Beep Egg they rock and really do work.
    Nice set of Wine Glasses if they drink wine or beer glasses if tis beer.
    If then they would be drinkers, you cant go wrong with a nice set like a cocktail shaker with shot glassess or other fancy glasses for a variety of drinks.

Toasty Cheese maker - can go fun style or just get a nice simple one.
    Other odd bits like garlic peeler, crusher, hand whisk either for making frothy milk for coffee or beating mix's and things like that. Pop them into a basket and bobs your uncle

Advertisement