Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speeding but was not driving or did not have car in possesion as was sold

Options
  • 05-10-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi folks newbie here i have a question have approximately 19 days to sort it out
    in march this year i sold a car to a dealer about 1 month later i get a speeding fine in the post saying i was caught speeding in co waterford with the same car
    how could i when one i no longer own the car and when i live in co cork .

1.the car was sold to a person in kilkenny/waterford who obviously did not change the registration book over or was that down to the car dealer to change over.
    2. i went to the dealer who said he would sort it out he obviously did not as 7 months later i get a a court summons in the post

please can anyone advise me in what to do i know i was still down as the registered owner so may get the raw deal .

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Consult a solictor. Legal advice is banned sitewide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rover2013

okay thanks spear also just wondering did this ever happen to anyone else before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Ask the question in the legal thread, might be someone with similar problem.

Advertisement