Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Management Clinic, Loughlinstown

Options
  • 05-10-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was hoping some one would be able to share there experience with me from the above clinic

I finally got an appointment to Dr O Shea's clinic after waiting almost three years. I weigh almost 23st and I'm a 23 year old female, I have tried to lose weight on numerous occasions, but I have got no where.

I put this down to a visous circle of comfort eating and depression....I know in some respects that this is just another excuse, but I feel that I have seriously struggled over the past year. Basically in foul humour because I'm overweight & eating because I'm in bad humour/stressed!

I know I have a long road to go....

I was just wondering what happens on day one, and do you go monthly thereafter or who do you see etc?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm just feeling anxious about the whole thing.

Thanks in advance

Candy19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lisa shox

hey ya all im 22 years old and new to all this and i have an appoiment next week and really nervous and im feelin sick over it im nt a very good speaker and nt good in situations that involve my weight and other people as it said its a group meeting and just wondering how does it work ??? do i talk infront of other people or what if anyone can help me and give me some information to ease me abit be a great help tanx x

hey ya im 22 and i have an appoiment for next week im just wondering can anyone give me some information on what hapeens is it one on one or everyone in the one room and every1 has a say or what im so nervous and feeling sick coz im not sure of how it works if any1 can let me know please coz im not good at talkin about my weight and not infront of people as upsets me and puts me off as it says on my letter a group meeting ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xirishboox

Hey Lisa
    Don't be worrying about the group meeting. When you go in first they take you to a room on your own and do your weight height and BMI, then send you on to another room with the group. In the group you don't have to speak at all. All they do is run through what exactly they cover in the course and introduce you to all the staff e.g Physiotherapist, Dietician, Docs etc etc..
    Its really just to see if you are interested in going as they have no time for time wasters. They then send you off with a 10 day food diary and tell you only to send the stuff back if you are interested.
    My group meeting was on 17th January and My first proper appointment is 27th of March. So not too long of a wait after.
    I was the same as yourself but I am now really looking forward to going for my first appointment.
    The staff down there seem to be lovely and are highly recommended by the diabetes team in St. Vincents Hospital.
    :):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

candy19 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was hoping some one would be able to share there experience with me from the above clinic

I finally got an appointment to Dr O Shea's clinic after waiting almost three years. I weigh almost 23st and I'm a 23 year old female, I have tried to lose weight on numerous occasions, but I have got no where.

I put this down to a visous circle of comfort eating and depression....I know in some respects that this is just another excuse, but I feel that I have seriously struggled over the past year. Basically in foul humour because I'm overweight & eating because I'm in bad humour/stressed!

I know I have a long road to go....

I was just wondering what happens on day one, and do you go monthly thereafter or who do you see etc?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm just feeling anxious about the whole thing.

Thanks in advance

Candy19
    Am not overweight but attend O'Shea for other medical conditions (type 1 diabetes, thyroid issues etc) - he is very good and cares - there should be more doctors like him.

thank you so so much that relaxed me abit and was very helpful thanx so so much :)

• Advertisement

lisa shox wrote: »
    thank you so so much that relaxed me abit and was very helpful thanx so so much :)

When is your group appointment for?

its for Thursday :)

Cool let me know what you think

Advertisement