Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie Error

Options
  • 05-10-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Sooooo ......... bottled my first batch this evening however I misread the instructions and added one and a half carbonation tablets instead of just one to the 500ml bottles - what's the impact???????

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Sooooo ......... bottled my first batch this evening however I misread the instructions and added one and a half carbonation tablets instead of just one to the 500ml bottles - what's the impact???????

Dear God man- you've brought the apocalypse upon us:)

No biggy--Maybe a bit frothy when pouring but will be Grand

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

One carbonation drop is usually per 330ml - you dropped it per 500 so it should be perfect. I've put 2 per 500 and its worked out fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Brian2208

I have the coopers kit and it recommends 1 drop in a 330ml bottle and 2 in a 650ml bottle but they supplied 500ml bottles, so I reckon 1 and a half per bottle should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

What type of beer is it? I have used two drops in 500ml bottles before. If it's a wheatbeer two drops might actually be considered more favourable to that style of beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Robert Oppenheimer would be running for covering. Edward Teller would be praying aloud for deliverance, and the people of Nagasaki would be thinking 'Oh no! Not again!'

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

I used 2 drops per 500ml in a Coopers Canadian Blonde... just thought it was easier than trying to put 1.5 in each bottle. It took an extra week or 2 before it was ready to drink but don't know if this was down to the carbonation drops or other factors such as temperature etc. Anyway, the final product was a little frothy but tasted great.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mister Burns

Thank god for that I thought the world might just end before I got to have a nice tasty hombrewed beer!

Advertisement