Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good gigs website??

Options
  • 05-10-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi,this is probably a long shot,,Just wondering if anybody knows of a comprehensive website for gigs in ireland and europe or wherever that you could just stick in a set of dates and you get a list whos playing in that period. Maybe by a search by ranking system,genre,size of venue,ticket price etc so you could narrow your search depending on your tastes. I like to travel a bit here and there but for me live music is where its at and would love to be able to find a band Id love to see first then build little trips around that.Should note that my holiday dates are set so thats the reason for this function. Phew sorry for long post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I just try ticket sites really, Ticketmaster.ie and tickets.ie for here in Ireland, Ticketmaster.co.uk for across the water, Eventim.de for Germany, and think its just Ticketmaster for other countries.

Hope that helps. Try use translation for foreign sites too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

If you have a smartphone songkick is a great app. It scans your music library on your phone and your lastfm profile and compiles a library where you can see whos touring and where theyre playing. It'll also notify you if one of your artists have a date coming up near you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I use songkick for when im travelling. Even if everything isn't listed on it, you at least get a few names of venues in the City and can search them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

www.pollstar.com
    it is run by ticketmaster, so it lists only the events they have on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

sabrewulf wrote: »
    www.pollstar.com
    it is run by ticketmaster, so it lists only the events they have on sale.

I would say mostly rather "only" as it does list other events .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,465 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

+1 for Songkick. I also use Last.fm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i find last.fm events way more comprehensive than songkick. but they both still miss gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 25,465 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i find last.fm events way more comprehensive than songkick. but they both still miss gigs

True. Beings kind of gig whore though by using those two, Facebook and various email alerts from Ticket@astard, aitken, mcd etc. I don't really miss much. Also I find entertainment.ie reasonably comprehensive also.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 justmcguire

I use the GigBeat app for Android, I guess it'd be on iphone too. Let's you use various sources like songkick/last.fm and judging by their last update, Google Music will be added soon. You can scan your music on the device or your accounts and it'll inform you of upcoming gigs. Shows gigs from Ireland/Europe/North America. Not sure about other places, haven't noticed.

I always forget about this app, but then it provides a nice reminder of it's presence by announcing a gig. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

lordgoat wrote: »
    twitter.

please explain how this can be used (to find anything useful)?

When I search for stuff there, all posts look like being written by 5 year olds. e.g.:

"Gr8 stuff, LOLZ, check diz out: [shortened URL here, which I do not click for security reasons, because the real URL is hidden]"

Serious question. I never understood how it worked. Hated it and ignored it. Now that I hear it is useful for gig tracking, you have my full attention! :)

thanks!

sabrewulf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

sabrewulf wrote: »
    please explain how this can be used (to find anything useful)?

When I search for stuff there, all posts look like being written by 5 year olds. e.g.:

"Gr8 stuff, LOLZ, check diz out: [shortened URL here, which I do not click for security reasons, because the real URL is hidden]"

Serious question. I never understood how it worked. Hated it and ignored it. Now that I hear it is useful for gig tracking, you have my full attention! :)

thanks!

sabrewulf

Well for here in Ireland you can follow the Venues, Promoters and Bands you are interested in. Venues and promoters will be promoting upcoming gigs. And bands will be promoting their own gigs and recommending other bands. It's a great way to here about gigs. It's all down to who you Follow, but Twitter works great.

Advertisement