Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry clubs?

Options
  • 05-10-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hello there, I am wondering is there any archery clubs currently set up in the Kerry area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭maughantourig

Kingdom Archers are located in the basketball gym in St Brendens collage, Killarney, but they wont be back up and running until around christmas this year, (if we get it running again at all).

I believe that the shooting range at Knocknagoshel (north of Castleisland) are making an effort at setting up a club. Worth checking out.

I'll post if i get news of Kingdom Archers.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bigfellalixnaw

Thanks, I never knew that there was a shooting range in Knocknagoshel that also facilitates archery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kieran casey

Hello there, I am wondering is there any archery clubs currently set up in the Kerry area?

Is. That u <snip>?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Is. That u <snip>?

Asking people their real names isn't good netiquette.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kieran casey

Asking people their real names isn't good netiquette.
    O jesus here comes the internet police quick everyone hide!!!!

Well, Kingdom Archers doesn't seem to be active in Killarney, but I've been told that a club is going to be set up in one of the Tralee Campuses.

Apparently you may need to be over 18 to enter. Hopefully a lot of students there will have an interest in joining, which could result in a nice big group.

I'll post if I get more information.

I think they are trying to set up an Archery Club in the IT Tralee.

Ya, that's what I was trying to refer to! :) Not sure how long it will take to set up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kasspa

Yea, trying to set up in tralee sports complex, hopefully by the end of feb or early march.

• Advertisement

Kasspa wrote: »
    Yea, trying to set up in tralee sports complex, hopefully by the end of feb or early march.
    Do keep us posted on that, I'm in the South Campus myself and do a spot of handball in the Sports Complex.

A group of us are setting up an archery club in killarney, remnants of kingdom archers, will now be An Riocht Archery Club, we were trying to set up in the sports complex in tralee but that has not worked out. hopefully everything will be sorted out within 2 weeks, if interested details will be up on Archery Ireland in the near future, third level and over 18 to start with.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Best of luck with your plans, Kasspa.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

thanks greysides

A group of us are setting up an archery club in killarney, remnants of kingdom archers, will now be An Riocht Archery Club, we were trying to set up in the sports complex in tralee but that has not worked out. hopefully everything will be sorted out within 2 weeks, if interested details will be up on Archery Ireland in the near future, third level and over 18 to start with.

Are ye hoping to use the hall kingdom archers used previously?:)

yea, St brendans college basketball hall, saturday evenings 7pm-8pm for a start, when we get more members we will extend the time till 9pm, too expensive right now, i will try and get the field next to the college for outdoor, tis getting bright in the evenings:) U interested?

Certainly! I was a member of Kingdom Archers until it stopped.

"third level and over 18 to start with."

I'm 18 all right but not at 3rd level yet. Is that a problem?:( If you really want to boost numbers then there are several members of the old club who would definitely be interested in joining, who know quite a lot about club/competition admininstration and safety regulations as well as being able to shoot, but aren't at third level.

you don't have to be in third level:) i just want to strengthen the club with more adults at the beginning to bring a bit of structure, i'm guessing we know each other if you were with kingdom archers ( Pat here) adding a pdf, membership form

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lyndsey_hc

yea, St brendans college basketball hall, saturday evenings 7pm-8pm for a start, when we get more members we will extend the time till 9pm, too expensive right now, i will try and get the field next to the college for outdoor, tis getting bright in the evenings:) U interested?

Hi Kasspa
    I'm interested in joining the club- have you started back up yet? Also if you needed an outdoor facility I know of one the club could use where there's equipment already.

If anybody is interested An riocht Archery Club are setting up in john mitchels new Gaa grounds in ballyseedy tralee from the 28th of this month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Tony Ramone

If anybody is interested An riocht Archery Club are setting up in john mitchels new Gaa grounds in ballyseedy tralee from the 28th of this month
    Damn, only just heard of ye recently. Does this mean that you won't be operating in Killarney anymore? My wife is interested in taking up archery and so is trying to find a club near us (Ballyvourney) and Cork is a bit too far, especially for evening training...

Advertisement