Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Leixlip] Zinc (Ozone) closed!

Options
  • 05-10-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Saw in this weeks Liffey Champion that Zinc closed there on the 30th September. Haven't really been in there since nearly two years ago. Seems lack of business. I'd say they'll keep the place for functions, though.

So Mantra is probably the nearest decent "nightclub", apart from Dublin (handy with the nightlinks).

I'd say the Courtyard took most of it's business as you can drink there until late, it has live bands on most weekends, has the matches on a big TV. You could watch the match, and stay late, whereas with the Ryevale they'd kick you out at 12:30 so that you'd go into the Nightclub.

I wonder will they get a late license for the Darkies now that they won't be pushing people into the nightclub? It would make sense, as otherwise people will just drink in the Courtyard, as opposed to drinking in the Ryevale and then going to the Courtyard when the Darkies closes.

On a final note, if you go into the Courtyard, on the right is the pub. On the left is an empty building. If they put a nightclub into it, they'll do very well!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

the_syco wrote: »
    Saw in this weeks Liffey Champion that Zinc closed there on the 30th September. Haven't really been in there since nearly two years ago. Seems lack of business. I'd say they'll keep the place for functions, though.

So Mantra is probably the nearest decent "nightclub", apart from Dublin (handy with the nightlinks).

I'd say the Courtyard took most of it's business as you can drink there until late, it has live bands on most weekends, has the matches on a big TV. You could watch the match, and stay late, whereas with the Ryevale they'd kick you out at 12:30 so that you'd go into the Nightclub.

I wonder will they get a late license for the Darkies now that they won't be pushing people into the nightclub? It would make sense, as otherwise people will just drink in the Courtyard, as opposed to drinking in the Ryevale and then going to the Courtyard when the Darkies closes.

On a final note, if you go into the Courtyard, on the right is the pub. On the left is an empty building. If they put a nightclub into it, they'll do very well!

syco, Mr H, a resident of main street has objected to the other bar. It's been there since the place was built, but Mr H, (coincidentally the guy who would lose out) objected..... on the grounds of being a resident.

Hannigan Holdings went for the wrong market in Zync. Moriarty called it right with live bands etc every weekend night. Arthur's bar was only extended because of the objections to the other part of the Courtyard, it was never intended to be the main draw.

If The old Loft had been refurbished and left the way it was, big open plan late bar with bands, then the ryevale COULD'VE gone toe to toe with the courtyard.

An ex boardsie who i was in school with and is a Facebook friend put it best, so i'm gonna quite from his post during the week.
    The courtyard caters for people with a bit of cash, and has live bands... not broke school kids and repetitive drum beats

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Some great, great times in Rock a fellas and the ho zone, never got to visit Zinc... how many times I had to rent a pair of shoes to get in :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Dissapointed the Liffey Champion did not print some of its back catalogue of hilarious photos (and wrongly named people). Maybe next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Dissapointed the Liffey Champion did not print some of its back catalogue of hilarious photos (and wrongly named people). Maybe next week!

Good old "Annette Curtain" was a regular in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Good old "Annette Curtain" was a regular in there.

Lots of Dan Broderick's and Josephine Maher's too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Old Rockies were class days

That. and the Hitcher

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This probably explains the hoardes of messy, messy teenagers in Maynooth on Saturday night.

Now, if Mantra has to close over its planning issues, what town will be maurauded next?

Time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tallon wrote: »
    Time :D

Which is in NAMA is it not? It could be gone too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

That. and the Hitcher

The rockies reunion nights were a laugh the first time too.

Meeting lads that were mortal enemies 10/15 years ago and just laughing about how silly and stupi it had been..

• Advertisement

That. and the Hitcher

Ah no way man. The Hitcher was way better. That place was sacred ground. A rite of passage. The kids of Leixlip have been greatly deprived.

Ah no way man. The Hitcher was way better. That place was sacred ground. A rite of passage. The kids of Leixlip have been greatly deprived.
    It's funny everytime I'm in the vegtable isle of Lidl and thinking

"I wonder how many people have gotten hand jobs in this exact location" :D

It's funny everytime I'm in the vegtable isle of Lidl and thinking

"I wonder how many people have gotten hand jobs in this exact location" :D

Or how many people puked/ got their heads kicked in by the bouncers?

Good times!!!

Advertisement