Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kilcolgan

• 06-10-2012 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭

I am in the process of moving to the area and would like the benefit of others experience with Broadband.

I have been in contact with Eircom and they said they can supply a 6-7MB speed. Given that they could not supply that in some areas in Dublin I have lived in, I am a little unsure of their claims.

Would anyone have any advice about the best Broadband provider to use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Our Eircom is reasonable...tends to go slower than that speed a lot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

We use Airwire in Kilcolgan and are very happy with them.
    Hope this helps.
    V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Guys would any of you know the fastest broadband option in Ballinderreen? Eircom offer only 2MB at my house. Thinking I might try Vodafone fixed line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Guys would any of you know the fastest broadband option in Ballinderreen? Eircom offer only 2MB at my house. Thinking I might try Vodafone fixed line.

Try

http://lightnet.ie/wireless-broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 37 warbird

Hey fbradyirl Vodafone fixed line is the same network as Eircom; they sublet lines. Heard that Airwire really slow in evening time; and as for eircom - joking !?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

You probably will find that most providers' signal is slower in the evening, when everyone is home using the internet.
    It depends on your contention rate. We have Airwire in Kilcolgan and we are happy with their service, even in the evening! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Just an update on this. Finally decided to go with Vodafone's Land line broadband. Have been using it for a month and have had no issues.
    Quite happy with the 3-4 mb speed we are getting with an unlimited download(350gb).

Couldn't go with Eircom due to mixture of incompetence and lack of knowledge of their own products. Plus their idea of unlimited download was a joke.

Thanks for the advice people gave on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clarenman

6mb available in RR Kilcolgan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

clarenman wrote: »
    6mb available in RR Kilcolgan
    RR?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clarenman

Raf****s R*st

• Advertisement
Advertisement