Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 reliability?

Options
  • 06-10-2012 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

I've wanted an iPad for ages but haven't been able to justify the cost. I saw the Nexus 7 in Tesco yesterday and decided to buy it instead. I hadn't heard of it before, and although I have been very impressed with it so far, I'm concerned about all the negative comments I've read about it since. There seems to be a lot of posts all over the internet about poor structural reliability. Was my impulse buy a bad idea? Everytime I pick it up now I expect it to fall apart!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

I bought 2 and had one fail on me with a screen issue.

When I called up Google they sent me out a new nexus 7 with the shipping label for the old one.

TBH given that there's no Apple Store in the republic that's better service than you'll get if an iPad has an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I've wanted an iPad for ages but haven't been able to justify the cost. I saw the Nexus 7 in Tesco yesterday and decided to buy it instead. I hadn't heard of it before, and although I have been very impressed with it so far, I'm concerned about all the negative comments I've read about it since. There seems to be a lot of posts all over the internet about poor structural reliability. Was my impulse buy a bad idea? Everytime I pick it up now I expect it to fall apart!

Well my brother bought one some while ago and is very happy with it. No problems at all. He plays games, listens to music, looks at youtube films over wifi and everything works great. He has more than once fallen asleep while using it, woke up lying on it more than once (and he tosses and turns a lot!) and no problems. Certainly with this one, there are no structural issues - fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 oldjeep

:confused:Is it possible to connect nexus 7 to internet via cable where there is no wifi in hotel room. I used to connect my laptop via cable always in same hotel, and now I am confused.

oldjeep wrote: »
    :confused:Is it possible to connect nexus 7 to internet via cable where there is no wifi in hotel room. I used to connect my laptop via cable always in same hotel, and now I am confused.

you'd need something like this to use with the cable that you got with the device

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-RJ45-Network-Adaptor-Converter/dp/B003Q85EEA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1388757777&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+ethernet+adapter

nexus 7 only has a micro usb port.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 oldjeep

Thanks Glasso

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

oldjeep wrote: »

Could use one of these

Advertisement