Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halls in Athlone

Options
  • 06-10-2012 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any halls where shows/plays/pantos could be performed in Athlone besides the one in the college? I'm involved with community games and every year the variety competition is held in the hall in the college but the acoustics are absolutely awful for actually performing in, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of somewhere that may be more practical? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Dean Crowe? Might be costy though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Try the St Kieran's community centre. They've a good little hall there and the woman that runs it is sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Saint_Mel wrote: »

Neither are big enough.

The variety competition almost fills the Gym in the college

Dean Crowe is the only alternative I would say.

Back to Mosney I say :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

St Mary's national School has rented out the ballroom in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Neither are big enough.

The variety competition almost fills the Gym in the college

Dean Crowe is the only alternative I would say.

Back to Mosney I say :)
    `
    Nothing will beat the good ole ballroom in terms of quality of sound! The gym just doesn't cut it at all, so annoying to put in so many months of work just to have it ruined by acoustics!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭finky1

Does anyone know of any halls where shows/plays/pantos could be performed in Athlone besides the one in the college? I'm involved with community games and every year the variety competition is held in the hall in the college but the acoustics are absolutely awful for actually performing in, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of somewhere that may be more practical? Thanks :)
    st marys hall if still open also maristhall or athlone gaa

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

st mary's hall is only about half the size of the ait gym. athlone gaa is even smaller.

`
    Nothing will beat the good ole ballroom in terms of quality of sound! The gym just doesn't cut it at all, so annoying to put in so many months of work just to have it ruined by acoustics!

You are preaching to choir (almost literally), I have a gold medal from there :D

You are preaching to choir (almost literally), I have a gold medal from there :D

Were you in Variety?? Ooh curious if I know you now! :D

• Advertisement

Were you in Variety?? Ooh curious if I know you now! :D

Yeah Coosan & Beechpark , It was a little while ago though :) !

Aah cool! I used to be in Sixmilebridge variety.. now I help out :P Was very weird that Coosan didn't have a show last year though!

Advertisement