Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have any options to move to the US?

Options
  • 06-10-2012 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi,

Basically I would love to move to New York in the next year or so.

I'm over 1 year out of college (completed 4yr business degree), so can't take the graduate visa.

Is there any other way I can potentially emigrate to USA? I know that I can apply for the DV lottery but it's just that exactly, a lottery!

Is there any way I could do a evening/part time course to qualify for the graduate via?

What are my other options?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

superfrank wrote: »
    Hi,

Basically I would love to move to New York in the next year or so.

I'm over 1 year out of college (completed 4yr business degree), so can't take the graduate visa.

Is there any other way I can potentially emigrate to USA? I know that I can apply for the DV lottery but it's just that exactly, a lottery!

Is there any way I could do a evening/part time course to qualify for the graduate via?

What are my other options?

Thanks in advance :)

If you can find a company that wants to employ you and you are deemed to have skills that are needed in the USA right now you have a chance. With your relatively low amount of experience i would imagine it would be unlikely. Another option is to get a job in Ireland or elsewhere in Europe with a US company and get an internal transfer....

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Thought that!

Thanks for the response!

Advertisement