Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA or PTEO??

• 06-10-2012 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi, I hope someone can help me, utterly confused!!

I started an ICT skills, HDip course in Sept and am currently working part-time. However due to the course work load I will have to quit part-time work.

I have no clue what I'm entitled to if I quit! I know the ICT courses work similarly to Springboard courses in that you are entitled to something if you are already signed on, but I have never signed on or received any benefits or grants. I have applied to SUSI for a grant, but I doubt I'll get anything as the course itself is fully funded.

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

May we take it that your course is full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

Well it's described as part-time, but i'm in 5 days a week and they aren't short days!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If your course is officially described as part time that's what the dept of social welfare will go on.Most of the part time options start with the person already getting a qualifying payment.

Also if you quit your job you may be disqualified from payments for up to 9 weeks.At this stage you need to go into your local SW office and discuss your options with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

See here, if you haven't got it worked out already (it's an atypical pilot basis of the Part Time Education Option (PTEO)):

http://www.ictskills.ie/Help_FAQ.aspx

Clarification of Income Supports?

Participation in the programmes will not create an entitlement to receive any income support payment, a student grant or the Back to Education Allowance.

If you are unemployed with an entitlement to a Jobseekers allowance or Jobseekers benefit payment from the Department of Social Protection you may retain such payments, if you have been on the Live Register for at least 3 months in the 6 months prior to the commencement of the programme. If you are in receipt of a Jobseekers payment you must contact your local social welfare office to make an application to retain your payment under an atypical pilot basis of the Part Time Education Option (PTEO). This will necessitate the completion of a special PTEO form entitled ‘PTEO – ICT Skills Programme 2012’. Under the PTEO you may only retain such payments for the duration of time that an underlying entitlement to a payment exists. You can download the PTEO (Part-Time Education Option) form here.

If you are in receipt of other forms of income support payment from the Department of Social Protection you must contact the appropriate scheme area to confirm if you may retain such payments while on the programme (for example if you are in receipt of a Disability Allowance you must contact the Disability Allowance section). Participants on the programme who meet the criteria for the Jobbridge programme will be eligible for support under Jobbridge for the work experience element

Advertisement