Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why?

• 06-10-2012 3:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭

That is the question. I have nothing to moan about in life, I have alot of things which many people wish for.

I am largely at peace, have the world at my feet... I could do just about anything with myself from the position Im in right now.

Yet at 3am this Saturday morning, I am laid in bed wondering why... What difference does anything make? Its all so boring, and energy consuming, until eventually I have zero energy left. Then I enter a permanent sleep which effectively is what we spend our 'life' procastinating.

Can anyone make sense of it all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

Go back to Kansas, Dorothy, it's only a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Very philosophical....

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

fkt wrote: »
    That is the question. I have nothing to moan about in life, I have alot of things which many people wish for.

I am largely at peace, have the world at my feet... I could do just about anything with myself from the position Im in right now.

Yet at 3am this Saturday morning, I am laid in bed wondering why... What difference does anything make? Its all so boring, and energy consuming, until eventually I have zero energy left. Then I enter a permanent sleep which effectively is what we spend our 'life' procastinating.

Not really, just enjoy yourself while here =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Then I enter a permanent sleep

no you dont

you die. that means your brain stops, your memories disappear and you cease to exist. not only that but because you have ceased to exist, you no longer have ever existed, from your non existent point of view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

No. And that's just the way it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It makes no sense imo, being financially comfortable doesn't equal happiness. I'm comfortable but yet I often ponder the meaning of it all, the day to day grind the never ending bullsh1t of existence. In some ways I don't want to get old and experience some awful disease like cancer (my biggest fear as a smoker) but yet I'm afraid to take matters into my own hand and prematurely cease to exist. I want something after this, I don't want to go asleep and never wake up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

We've all been there OP. Not being able to sleep and lying in bed makes us all unnaturally philosophical.

My advice?

Have a yank.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Glenn_Flinn

We are infinite consciousness having a human experience. That's is who we truly are. The problem is that we've overlooked this fact which leaves us clinging to the external world in search of an identity. This is not a life of any significant pleasure or satisfaction (how could it be when all we have is this pathetic body to sense minute feelings and sensations) yet we perceive it to be because we are seeking our natural born right to divinity which has been conditioned out of us by the modern world. Language and culture complicates life, and we are conditioned with that complication. But it's completely our own choice whether we take it all seriously or not, NONE of it is significant in reality.

We live forever. That is the ONLY thing which is certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No. And that's just the way it is.

Things will never be the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Headshot wrote: »
    Things will never be the same

Doo doo doo, doo doo doo, do do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

O yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Headshot wrote: »

O yeah
    Dadillin dadillin dadillin dadillin dadillin da doh day nerr nerr nerr. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

After Hours is not the place for this kind of a post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

We are infinite consciousness having a human experience. That's is who we truly are. The problem is that we've overlooked this fact which leaves us clinging to the external world in search of an identity. This is not a life of any significant pleasure or satisfaction (how could it be when all we have is this pathetic body to sense minute feelings and sensations) yet we perceive it to be because we are seeking our natural born right to divinity which has been conditioned out of us by the modern world. Language and culture complicates life, and we are conditioned with that complication. But it's completely our own choice whether we take it all seriously or not, NONE of it is significant in reality.

We live forever. That is the ONLY thing which is certain.

Take it outside, God-boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Glenn_Flinn

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Take it outside, God-boy.

You may think I'm "delusional", but if you looked at yourself objectively you'd see how you're clearly living a life of pure delusion.

Is there a full moon tonight? Serious amount of odd threads around boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Is there a full moon tonight? Serious amount of odd threads around boards.
    No but it's close to Jupiter in the night sky. Jupiter lives beside Uranus, I learnded that in a buke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Where To wrote: »
    No but it's close to Jupiter in the night sky. Jupiter lives beside Uranus, I learnded that in a buke.

you mean a bukkake

Advertisement