Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever taken the wrap for family because you were the black sheep

• 06-10-2012 4:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Being the black sheep of the family I often took the blame for siblings or friends wrong doings. Only thing that pissed me off was afterwards they believed their own lies and this has gone down mostly as fact in family history(Bastards:))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I have never been black or a sheep. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

*African American sheep

And no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

God you do miss the sarcastic wit of AH even when asking a serious question( note to self wrong place for a serious post perhaps?:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Suspiciously quick to deny that there Kai Salty Comet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Whitey Bulger is considered the black sheep of his family. He was one of three children born to a poor Irish family in Boston in the 1920s. His elder brother became a Senator for Massachusetts, His younger brother became the Arch Bishop of the Boston Diocese. Whitey became a gangster but yet made more money than any of his siblings could ever dream of. He ran Boston for the best part of forty years and only felt the wrath of the law when he was in his 80s.

Who wins in the end? Whitey led the wrong life but yet he prospered the most. Who was the real gangster?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

kowloon wrote: »
    Suspiciously quick to deny that there Frada.
    No comment.
    Whitey Bulger is considered the black sheep of his family. He was one of three children born to a poor Irish family in Boston in the 1920s. His elder brother became a Senator for Massachusetts, His younger brother became the Arch Bishop of the Boston Diocese. Whitey became a gangster but yet made more money than any of his siblings could ever dream of. He ran Boston for the best part of forty years and only felt the wrath of the law when he was in his 80s.

Who wins in the end? Whitey led the wrong life but yet he prospered the most. Who was the real gangster?

Whitey was.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Exactly, so is it sometimes right to do wrong, or did the stars just all align for Whitey. Personally as a black sheep I see it as an opportunity, I've risen beyond my parents expectations, in a legal fashion of course. Whatever about my dad (who I was always close to me) I feel good about showing my mother that, she treated me like crap when I was young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

You mean "rainbow sheep"?! Let's not get racial here folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

the black sheep squadron did well in WW2 and no one looked down on them (apart from the cities they bombed )

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Why'd you post this you have a run-in tonight or something...

if I'm that, which I am quite frankly I blame being made witness my dad get turfed out the hard way by the uncs at seven and therefor going on to be the difficult boy that never really accepted the stepfather. Out of sight at least, lads

it becomes a real issue when they suggest you are physically and mentally impaired n that. Not really, i'd just become all introverted around ya. wonder why. same uncs tried beatin it out of me, too.. oh my: further introversion. result! but we'd have some rumbles, through glass panels n that my guitar was smashed over me once.. most rock n roll that. cheers unc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭opti0nal

SunDog wrote: »
    Being the black sheep of the family I often took the blame for siblings or friends wrong doings.
    But what has this got to do with flatbread sandwiches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

Granted with the nature of being the black sheep comes many of the negative aspects of said role in a family/group situations. Thus being placed with the responsibility of blame unjustly. This was meant to be the parts you can tell to friends over a laugh tho, not a psychologist wet dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Being the black sheep of the family I often took the blame for siblings or friends wrong doings. Only thing that pissed me off was afterwards they believed their own lies and this has gone down mostly as fact in family history(Bastards:))

I don't believe ewe.

Being the black sheep of the family I often took the blame for siblings or friends wrong doings. Only thing that pissed me off was afterwards they believed their own lies and this has gone down mostly as fact in family history(Baaastards:))

Fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im the middle child so what do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I asked my mate Larry this question.

Here's what he said:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I have - over religion and I (and my wife) not conforming to what we consider daftness.

The consequence of their religious indignation was they were not allowed see first child for over a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What kind of wrap we talking about here? Chili chicken? Beef Fajita?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Birneybau wrote: »
    What kind of wrap we talking about here? Chili chicken? Beef Fajita?

Lamb it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I've taken aluminum, but I draw the line at clingfoil :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The wrap? Once i accidentally the whole enchilada !

Advertisement