Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for gym for weightlifting in drogheda

Options
  • 06-10-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So I am looking for a gym for weightlifting in drogheda.It needs to have squat racks,bench presses and a deadlifting area,not smith machines.I am not really intrested in machines only free weights.Not many of the drogheda gyms have a good facebook prescence with good pictures to show their free weight area(or lack of).From my brief look integral fitness looks like it could be good choice but has anyone else got anything to reccomend?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

For weightlifting it would have to be SFX on the Ballymakenny road. That's where all the powerlifters train

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

yep sfx or integral

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

been training at sfx for a while (after you know where *cough* closed down)

great gym, friendly staff and a great crowd. loud tunes.

Head up and get a tour and probably a free session to try it out if you ask nice. Its good value as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 flapbap89

Lantus wrote: »
    been training at sfx for a while (after you know where *cough* closed down)

great gym, friendly staff and a great crowd. loud tunes.

Head up and get a tour and probably a free session to try it out if you ask nice. Its good value as well.
    Whats it like size wise and busyness?The only stuff i could find out are on some youtube videos where it looks fairly small

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭The Davestator

flapbap89 wrote: »
    Whats it like size wise and busyness?The only stuff i could find out are on some youtube videos where it looks fairly small

Some of the videos are from their older premises. They new one is pretty big and it's the place to lift in Drogheda.

• Advertisement
Advertisement