Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Supposed) Explosive devices found on rural road in Limerick

• 06-10-2012 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Apparently, an army bomb disposal team has made safe two viable improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in Co Limerick.

The device was found on a rural road at Donoughmore, on the outskirts of Limerick City, yesterday evening.

It was the 156th callout this year and brings to 73 the number of viable IEDs dealt with by the Army bomb disposal teams.

What is going on with all these devices? Its bizarre. 73 viable IEDs this year. Who is doing this? How come they never go off and they always call the bomb disposal unit? I also never read about anyone getting arrested for the same. Sounds like a load of rubbish TBH. Our bomb disposal unit must be like minority report and know about these things in advance. Either that or its a scam for call out charges.

Seriously if anyone wanted to plant a bomb at the side of a road in Ireland they would only have to put it in a plastic bag or even a fridge and throw it there. It would be there a year later along with the other crap. These stories make no sense.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

So that's where I left it. Must have fell out of the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Met the disposal van on the road last night. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Look at me, I can make a bomb,

Oh st1t, it's a bomb,
    Better call the bomb squad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Boombastic wrote: »
    Look at me, I can make a bomb,

Oh st1t, it's a bomb,
    Better call the bomb squad :pac:

Says Mr Boombastic :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

They don't plant the bombs on the side of the road. They don't want the devices in their houses for obvious reasons.

Also the gangs manking these devices are stupid, people talk, and that's why these devices are found.

If your so worried about the call out costs involved, why don't you go and deal with these devices that scum leave about the place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Most of the pipe bombs are put to cause disruption and to cause fear,and of course as a warning.When pipe bombs are planted at houses usually the planters phone the guards and when they arrive the house & neighbours has to be evacuated for some hours hence why they are mostly called out late at night,The ones found in ditches and lonely country roads are usually put there to be picked up at a later date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

So that's what it was. The bridge was blocked off by the guards last night. We didn't know what was going on as we couldn't see any sign of an accident, we thought someone might have jumped off the bridge.

Advertisement