Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Short term accommodation for a few nights per week

Options
  • 06-10-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, this is a bit random but I work as a relief care assistant in South Dublin but don't have a house there as I can't afford one yet. I'm from Carlow so commuting every day by bus or train doesn't make sense and I don't have a car. I was wondering if anyone could offer me any kind of short term accommodation for the nights I'd be staying in the week, this could range from one to four nights in a week. We could negotiate prices, I'm just really in a sticky situation here because I've just graduated and need an opportunity to save money, so I can't turn down this work in a job that's really relevant to my degree. The other side of the coin is that I can't afford to rent a property permanently when I only need it for a night here and there. Hotels and hostels are working out too expensive. If anyone can offer me any suggestions or help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Hi, this is a bit random but I work as a relief care assistant in South Dublin but don't have a house there as I can't afford one yet. I'm from Carlow so commuting every day by bus or train doesn't make sense and I don't have a car. I was wondering if anyone could offer me any kind of short term accommodation for the nights I'd be staying in the week, this could range from one to four nights in a week. We could negotiate prices, I'm just really in a sticky situation here because I've just graduated and need an opportunity to save money, so I can't turn down this work in a job that's really relevant to my degree. The other side of the coin is that I can't afford to rent a property permanently when I only need it for a night here and there. Hotels and hostels are working out too expensive. If anyone can offer me any suggestions or help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

What area are you hoping to live in?

I would think the fairest way would be to pay per night stayed which would probably need to factor in esb/heating/wifi etc.

Would it include weekends?

How much are you willing to pay?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Would you pay €50 per week for the use of a room with bathroom in Rathmines. It is a former bedsitter. The owner is planning to renovate the house and doesn't want to let it as a bedsitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 raisinordate

Would you pay €50 per week for the use of a room with bathroom in Rathmines. It is a former bedsitter. The owner is planning to renovate the house and doesn't want to let it as a bedsitter.

Milk & Honey, I think this could work for me. Do you know if Rathmines is on the bus route to Stillorgan/Dundrum area? I am working in a place called Lakelands on Lakelands Road. Could you please pm me contact details of the person with the room and any more info if possible? Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 raisinordate

ebixa82 wrote: »
    What area are you hoping to live in?

I would think the fairest way would be to pay per night stayed which would probably need to factor in esb/heating/wifi etc.

Would it include weekends?

How much are you willing to pay?

I'm working in Lakelands which is between Stillorgan and Dundrum, so somewhere in that area. I wouldn't need to stay weekends normally, maybe the odd Saturday. I'd negotiate prices..If you want to pm me more details we could talk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smiling2010

I am looking to rent a room in a house in Dublin one a one night per week basis - on Wednesday nights. Would prefer a room in a house over a b&b/hotel. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement