Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting money from bank acc. into paypal account?

Options
  • 06-10-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi

Im looking to purchase stock for an e-com website im setting up. How do I go about putting funds into my paypal account?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

Is there something specific in your case that makes this a challenge or is it just a general enquiry?
    gnr2206 wrote: »
    How do I go about putting funds into my paypal account?
    Not trying to sound smart, but have you tried reading the site? This is one of the few cases where "RTFM" (read the f'in manual) is about the best advice you can get. If you're going to be using PayPal (especially in a business capacity and even more so if you're working on an ecommerce site in any capacity) you really should be aware of the various options/costs/specific details associated with it (and I don't mean just the basics like "how to lodge funds").

Glancing at the homepage, I found (at least) four distinct links pointing to information on how to lodge funds to an account. Any of them should give you the answer you need, but please do read up on the full details if PayPal is something you intend on using for your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gnr2206

Thank for the reply but im looking to bring money from a personal account to a paypal business account.

Can I do that?

Thanks

TsuDhoNimh wrote: »
    Is there something specific in your case that makes this a challenge or is it just a general enquiry?

Not trying to sound smart, but have you tried reading the site? This is one of the few cases where "RTFM" (read the f'in manual) is about the best advice you can get. If you're going to be using PayPal (especially in a business capacity and even more so if you're working on an ecommerce site in any capacity) you really should be aware of the various options/costs/specific details associated with it (and I don't mean just the basics like "how to lodge funds").

Glancing at the homepage, I found (at least) four distinct links pointing to information on how to lodge funds to an account. Any of them should give you the answer you need, but please do read up on the full details if PayPal is something you intend on using for your business.

gnr2206 wrote: »
    Can I do that?
    Are you asking how to do it from an accounting point of view or from a PayPal (technical) point of view?

If the former, I'll leave it to the accountants to answer that for you and give you the knowledge of their expertise (although you'd need to give more information in terms of your existing setup in order for them to give an informed reply).

If the latter, then yes you can do that. If you read up on the information PayPal provide you'll see that they provide account numbers and sort codes for EFT payments to be made directly from bank accounts. Again though I would suggest reading through the majority of the technical information PayPal provide so you're fully aware of the options and implications of the options available.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IrlDigi

Login to your paypal account. Go to request money.

Request the amount of money you want to your own email account....

Open your email ... follow the link... use your debit card to put monet instantly into your paypal account.....

IrlDigi wrote: »
    ... use your debit card to put monet instantly into your paypal account.....
    The OP was asking if they could transfer directly from a personal 'account', so I'm assuming they don't have a CC or debit card available or simply don't want to use it for this.

Transfers can be made directly from accounts. It's simply a matter of finding the right PayPal sort code and account details (available via your account) and using your correct details (off the top of my head I think it's the user account number) as a reference for the payment as for standard bill payments via EFT/bank transfers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement