Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automated harassment from Eircom

Options
  • 06-10-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I arrive home from night duty, roll into bed exhausted after a long and tough 12.5 hour shift. Just got to sleep when the phone rings. I answer it only to find it is an Eircom recorded robot on the other end "reminding" me that my phone bill is overdue.

I check the €50 bill that issued 3 weeks earlier and find that sure enough I am a week overdue. The bill is for rental, billed in advance - no call charges.

The bill is dated Sept 10
    It includes no arrears - in fact it includes a credit brought forward.
    It's for rental from 13 Sept to 12 Nov
    It says it's due by 24 Sept
    Your robot calls me on 1 Oct

Do Eircom have any idea how incredibly annoying this practice is?

Please tell me how to opt out of the "service". :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

KM88 wrote: »
    I arrive home from night duty, roll into bed exhausted after a long and tough 12.5 hour shift. Just got to sleep when the phone rings. I answer it only to find it is an Eircom recorded robot on the other end "reminding" me that my phone bill is overdue.

I check the €50 bill that issued 3 weeks earlier and find that sure enough I am a week overdue. The bill is for rental, billed in advance - no call charges.

The bill is dated Sept 10
    It includes no arrears - in fact it includes a credit brought forward.
    It's for rental from 13 Sept to 12 Nov
    It says it's due by 24 Sept
    Your robot calls me on 1 Oct

Do Eircom have any idea how incredibly annoying this practice is?

Please tell me how to opt out of the "service". :mad:

Hi KM88,

Sorry about the automated reminders, they are set up to prevent customers who forget to pay the bill from being disconnected (as disconnections are also automated). I'm not sure if this can be opted out of but you can call our credit management team on freephone 1800 203 101 to see if this is possible. I don't have any account details to check this for you but if you call them direct they may be able to help in some way to prevent future reminders.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KM88

I'm not sure if this can be opted out of but you can call our credit management team on freephone 1800 203 101 to see if this is possible.

Thanks James.

But could you call them too and post the answer here because I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one who will want to know how to opt out of this service.

Advertisement