Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People Dying and After Hours threads.

• 06-10-2012 4:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Id like to hear what everyone thinks about the way threads of dead people go.

Ive noticed over the last few years, that Celebs are off limits to slag. It has to be RIP. Many got bans when they slag and make gags against the celeb.

If it is an irish person, then its all RIP and Condolences to the family.
    Heres an example, the joker got his/her post deleted, so obviously no joking allowed. Post #19 actually makes reference to what Im talking about.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056771939

But the way some people laugh at people dying in foreign country. And slag the dead person. Make puns, and basically its a big joke.
    Heres an recent example:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80944014

I posted in this thread as I was angry and confused about the reaction to someone dying a horrible death. But I noticed that a mod was post number 4, and didnt mind post # 2,5,6,7, they were all allowed, and not deleted. No bans or nothing. Not saying the mod was wrong, maybe they dont deserve a ban. But I feel they should get banned for these kind of posts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I don't see the point of saying "RIP" on a discussion board when talking about the death of a celebrity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

What do you call 5 dead celebs at the bottom of a well?
    A good start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

it wasnt like that back in my day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I think people should be allowed to say what they like as long as it is not libellous or harmful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

it wasnt like back in my day
    Fail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I try not to post in those threads, but if a rule is going to be applied to threads about people of one nationality then it should be applied to all. It's extremely hypocritical to allow jokes in one thread while getting all righteous and morally outraged about someone making a joke in another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Far away from Ireland + unusual death = thanks whoring puns.

Close to home + sad circumstances = RIP posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

I understand the no joking thing if it's an Irish person, that's close to home and there's a very real possibility that people on this will be personally affected. I don't think the same should apply to celeb deaths. Nobody on here is related to Whitney Houston or "friends" with Michael Jackson so have at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

It's a difficult call to make - I don't generally like jokes about death/tragedy but I don't see any point in starting threads about them either if it's just to talk about how terrible it was. Doesn't seem much scope there for discussion IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement