Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

v tattoo groupon

Options
  • 06-10-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

found this , just taught id post it here

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/east-coast-and-midlands/vtattoo/11275726

"Tattoo Session: One (€24), Two (€44), or Three (€69) Hours at V.Tattoo (Up to 69% Off)
    Transforming plain corporeal canvases into head-turning works of art, the team at V.Tattoo are dab-hands in applying original designs. Spanning styles including Japanese, tribal, and portrait, all aesthetic whims are rendered into reality.

Customers are encouraged to bring artwork indicating their desired design, before discussing requirement with an experienced tattoo artist and discerning an approximate time-frame for the piece. Ink will then be deftly applied during a one-, two- or three-hour session.

Choose from the following options for tattoo sessions:

• €24 for one hour (60% off)

• €44 for two hours (69% off)

• €69 for three hours (69% off)"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Has anyone any experience in this studio? Both my folks bought vouchers and are heading in tomorrow for a consult, i haven't been tattood there so can't really tell them what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Has anyone any experience in this studio? Both my folks bought vouchers and are heading in tomorrow for a consult, i haven't been tattood there so can't really tell them what to expect.

I don't know tbh, but I'd say sit them down and educate them on to look for.
    And enforce the idea on them that if they are not impressed, to not go through with it. Better to lose what the vouchers cost them than to have something that they dislike!

*** Not saying anything bad about the place, just don't know anything about it. And education on what to look for is never a bad thing! ***

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ive seen some lovely work come out of that studio.

Ok, as i previously posted my parents bought a voucher each for this studio, my dad couldn't go in for his consult so i went in with my mam for hers. We nearly ran back out the door.

Firstly, their website says the studio is 5 minutes walk from smithfield luas stop. Not true. Its a good 10-15 minute walk, 5 minutes from jervis alright. Not a big deal, but inconvenient. Secondly, we rang the studio to tell the artist at 4 we would be about 30 minutes late for our 5 o clock appointment, he said fine, he would still be there. We arrived at 5.30, he was no where to be seen. According to the other artist he just disappeared somewhere. Very unprofessional. Thirdly, the place is filthy. Absolutely filthy. The reception area isn't terrible, a bit cluttered but it is small so that's to be expected. However, my mam asked if she could use their toilet, the artist obliged and she came back white as a sheet.

The studio itself is extremely basic. The floors are carpeted, in itself not ideal, but they hadn't been hovered in god knows how long. There were empty beer cans and an empty bottle of wine/spirit bottles in the toilet and the toilet and sink were black with dirt. As we were leaving a guy walked into the studio drinking a can of beer. Whether or not their equipment is clean, that is not on. Im sure some of the tattoos that come out of the studio are great, and the artists are great but the appearance of the studio has put us both off getting tattood there.

We plan on cancelling our vouchers tomorrow, hopefully to get a refund. My only advice to anyone with these vouchers is to proceed with extreme caution. In my opinion it's too much of a gamble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

For all the above reasons I walked out of this kip too.

Although its less than 5 minutes walk from the LUAS stop Cupcake, you must have got lost :P

But seriously, the place was a kip when I walked into it and every time I pass by I'm surprised they're still in business.

• Advertisement

For all the above reasons I walked out of this kip too.

Although its less than 5 minutes walk from the LUAS stop Cupcake, you must have got lost :P

But seriously, the place was a kip when I walked into it and every time I pass by I'm surprised they're still in business.

We probably did :o hopped off at Smithfield, speed walked up as far as The Italian Quarters, and crossed there.

But I completely agree, no idea how they are doing any business at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Flaker

Just thought I'd throw in my tuppence worth. Recently got a tattoo done in this place. Some one bought me a voucher for an hour but the tatt I wanted was going to take minimum 6 (it's actually going to take 8 by the time it's finished). Anyway, after what I read here I was understandably unsure about the place and thought I'd go for a consultation and a snoop about first.

I agree, the place is not ideal; the carpets are dirty and the fact that there are carpets at all isn't really great in an tattoo parlour. I didn't venture as far as the toilet I must say, so can't comment on that. But the equipment is spotless and from the research I'd done on the work coming out of there I decided I'd go for it. And I am so glad I did.

The artist who worked on me (am I allowed to mention his name?) is extremely talented. I was basically going for a realistic piece and even though it's not finished yet, it's unbelieveably good - and that's not just my opinion! Everyone who's seen it so far has been blown away.

I'm honestly just a punter - no affiliation at all to the shop - but I am seriously impressed. And the price I was given wasn't per hour but for the whole piece so I didn't have to worry about the cost racking up.

I can see how a grubby shop would put people off. It almost put me off to be honest and the guys there really should do something about it as it's not very professional. But the work is very, very good.

Just my opinion......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Flaker wrote: »

I can see how a grubby shop would put people off. It almost put me off to be honest and the guys there really should do something about it as it's not very professional. But the work is very, very good.

I'm glad it worked out for you but if the shop is as bad as described then they really need to do something about. There's enough quality artists in Dublin that you have plenty of choice. I wouldn't feel at all comfortable in that shop.

Well that's fair enough. I just wanted to relay my experience I suppose and that I was very happy with my tattoo experience despite the surroundings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Have found myself on their facebook a couple of times and from what I can remember the work was always good, especially the realism.

So was kinda shocked to read everybody calling it a dump, you just don't associate great work with grotty studios, seems like a shame! Glad it worked out for you Flaker thanks for posting that, it was interesting to read from somebody who had used the voucher anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mick-skyline

Orim wrote: »
    There's enough quality artists in Dublin that you have plenty of choice. I wouldn't feel at all comfortable in that shop.
    with the talent of the head guy Val there is definitely not anyone in dublin that can reach his talent at all. and ive been to a good few places. what ive learned is you dont judge a place by the look but by the work that comes out of it. ive been to one of the cleanest shops in the city and left unhappy with what i had received it looked nothing like it was supposed to so has been since changed. yet when i heard about v.tattoo i had a good look around at his portfolio and gave him what i wanted and let him loose on it. and what i got back was way more than what i expected. so id highly recommend vals work.

although he has since left v.tattoo and set up himself as lost gallery tattoo on capel street. as he was unhappy with the standard the other guy kept the shop in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

You kind of DO have to judge a tattoo studio by its appearance, though. If the place is grotty and dirty, it's usually a safe bet that it's not going to have the highest hygiene standards. I'm not saying that this is the case with V, but in general, of course you should judge a tattoo studio based on its cleanliness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

when i posted this i was going to buy a voucher , but an artist friend of mine pointed out a few thing in there portfolio which turned me away from going there and also hearing the place is dirty ,

lets face it , no one wants the experience of getting inked in a dirty shop

Val was the artist who would have been tattooing me, and having seen some of his work, it's a real shame he's in a studio that's so off putting. I'm glad he left, he appears to be a tremendous talent , and a nice enough guy! Can't see V surviving much longer tbh.

Yeah it was Val who is doing mine. For such a young guy, his work is pretty spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Link to facebook page please?

Sorry, I can't link from work but look up Lost Gallery Tattoo and I think his own one is Valentine Von Tattooist or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Cheers, found last gallery page anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

is this place still open,cant seem to find their facebook page,also if anybody could point me in the right direction as to where it is (on google maps etc)i-d be most grateful,is eustace street the same as mews eustace street?

V is still open. It's now called Vendetta Tattoo and is owned and run by the same people.

No official site yet, but you can find them on Tumblr and Facebook under Vendetta Tattoo.

I was told by a friend that they're 'really good' as of late, so I checked out their Facebook and Tumblr, as I am debating getting a tattoo tomorrow (trying to talk myself out of it, though!).

They have some fairly nice tattoos on Tumblr, no denying it, but holy fúck, they have some seriously bad tattoos on their Facebook page.

I know they're meant to be really cheap and everything, but from the look of it, there's a reason for them being so cheap. :-/

• Advertisement

The chap who did my tattoo was the "V" in V.Tattoo. He's no longer there and I'd say the good tattoos you are seeing on Tumblr are his. He is now Lost Gallery Tattoo I think - check his stuff out on Facebook, it's class.

The other guy, who is now running Vendetta Tattoo, has only been tattooing about a year from what I hear and isn't supposed to be very good.

Flaker wrote: »
    The chap who did my tattoo was the "V" in V.Tattoo. He's no longer there and I'd say the good tattoos you are seeing on Tumblr are his. He is now Lost Gallery Tattoo I think - check his stuff out on Facebook, it's class.

The other guy, who is now running Vendetta Tattoo, has only been tattooing about a year from what I hear and isn't supposed to be very good.

Yeah, I think his name is Dean? Either way, really mediocre stuff (and that's being kind) from him, if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

I bought the 3 hour voucher and had talked to Val about what I wanted... A few weeks later I was chatting to him again on Facebook and found out that he had left so I wouldn't be able to get the tattoo from him using the voucher and I could get it off the other guy who was still in V. Tattoo... After looking through his stuff I decided that I didn't want a tattoo from somebody who was so new to tattooing. I had also heard some stories which I'm not going to say on here. I'm still in the process of getting the voucher refunded but I did get a tattoo from Val, which I paid for, that I absolutely love and I'm glad I went with him in the end!

That's just what happened to me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dante1979

VickBack wrote: »
    I bought the 3 hour voucher and had talked to Val about what I wanted... A few weeks later I was chatting to him again on Facebook and found out that he had left so I wouldn't be able to get the tattoo from him using the voucher and I could get it off the other guy who was still in V. Tattoo... After looking through his stuff I decided that I didn't want a tattoo from somebody who was so new to tattooing. I had also heard some stories which I'm not going to say on here. I'm still in the process of getting the voucher refunded but I did get a tattoo from Val, which I paid for, that I absolutely love and I'm glad I went with him in the end!

That's just what happened to me :-)

Hey I was wondering how you got on with the refund from Group-on? I wanted Val to do mine and since he is no longer there I want my money back. Any tips on how to go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Dante1979 wrote: »

Hey I was wondering how you got on with the refund from Group-on? I wanted Val to do mine and since he is no longer there I want my money back. Any tips on how to go about it?

Contact groupon straight away and explain to them why you want the refund! They are still processing mine and have contacted me about it but not sure if I am getting it just yet! Their policy is that you can't get a refund after 7 days of receiving the voucher but they can make exceptions in certain cases :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cartoonmoon

An getting a script/handwriting tattoo in the next few weeks.

Have read on here a few times that literally any studio is fine for this type of work. If so, would I be ok going to this place or would you still advise going somewhere with a better reputation?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

An getting a script/handwriting tattoo in the next few weeks.

Have read on here a few times that literally any studio is fine for this type of work. If so, would I be ok going to this place or would you still advise going somewhere with a better reputation?

Well youve heard wrong.

Script tattoos are one of the hardest tattoos to do right.Find an artist thats good at them.

Hellrazer wrote: »

Well youve heard wrong.

Script tattoos are one of the hardest tattoos to do right.Find an artist thats good at them.

Thanks for the heads up. Any recommendations in Dublin?

Thanks for the heads up. Any recommendations in Dublin?

Actually, might be better to ask how much I shod expect to pay hourly for a good artist in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Actually, might be better to ask how much I shod expect to pay hourly for a good artist in Dublin?

Most places will quote you a price when you go in to book an appointment and show them what you want.

But eh, looking at around 100 an hour would be a rough estimate.

Advertisement